Honored Contributor

Re: HAVE YOU EVER CHEATED ON HAIRSTYIST?

@Shanus wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

No matter how much you might like your old stylist and have become friendly with him/her at the end of the day it's your hair that you have to look at each time you look in the mirror.

If your hair is only okay with the old stylist and you like what you see with someone new why not got back to them?  Who wants only okay hair?

ETA:  Yes I changed stylists over a year ago.  I had been going to a very nice girl but really wasn't happy with my hair.  It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great....my new stylist is fabulous!

@haddon9  I’ve also learned not too get too “chummy” or have personal conversations about family or friends. It helps to make the split.

@Shanus . True.  We talk a lot about our kids, vacations, movies, etc. but  mostly about how I want my hair to look...once she gets out the hair dryer I just don't talk because I can't hear what she's saying anyway.

Now with my manicurist it's different.  It's become a local hangout which I go to every two weeks for over 25 years.  I see a lot of regulars. The girl I use had only been out of high school for a few years when I first started going to her and now she's a 40 something mom who's the owner of the salon.  I get to hear all of the gossip what what's new around town.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No in fact back in the mid eighties we were relocated for two years to Little Rock Ark. and I drove the five hour trip not only to see my family but to have my hair done.  Did not give up what works just because I lived in another state.  A few years after I moved back she retired so then I had to find another and have been with her for decades.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

No in fact back in the mid eighties we were relocated for two years to Little Rock Ark. and I drove the five hour trip not only to see my family but to have my hair done.  Did not give up what works just because I lived in another state.  A few years after I moved back she retired so then I had to find another and have been with her for decades.

@beckyb1012  Wow. Now that’s loyalty!

Honored Contributor

I don't get close to my hairdressers.  For me it's a business proposition and nothing else. 

I was going to a hairstylist at a salon and really liked her work.  I called to get an appointment it was going to be 2 months before I could see her.  I couldn't wait that long so they scheduled me with someone else.  I liked that woman so much that she is who I have stuck with. 

I'm the type of person that wants to relax when I'm at the salon.  I honestly would rather they just do my hair and not talk to me other than finding out what I want done.  I'm the same way when I get my nails done.      

Respected Contributor

This happened to me many years ago. I had been going to the same stylist for 17 years and was quite pleased with her. Well I started going to a new nail salon and one of the stylists there impressed me with her work. One day she approached me and said that she would like to do my hair. I told her who I was going to and she was familiar with her. She just felt that she could do a better job with my color. So I made an appointment. In the meantime, I had several appointments booked ahead with my former stylist. Did not know how to break the ties. I simply called and canceled them. Fortunately her assistant answered the phone. I am sure that this happens to stylists all of the time. It is probably just part of the business.

Esteemed Contributor

What do you really want to do? No worries. No explanations. Just do it. I changed after 20 years for what some may think is a silly reason but it felt good to make the change. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

I totally get this post! Yes, I cheated for an entire year, but never found anyone I thought was any more talented or worth the prices. I do have a friendly relationship with my hairdresser, in fact, she also does most of my friend's and all of my family's hair. She's really a gem Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

It seems when you go to a stylist for awhile you just get into a rut.

Sometimes you just need fresh eyes.  When I was out of town I dropped into a Cost Cutters and the girl did not seem all that friendly but the best cut I have had in a long time.  When I get a good cut I don't have to work so hard to get to look okay. 

Contributor

Wow, I just put a question up about changing hairstylists under the beauty forum. I have been thinking about it but feel guilty because I don't dislike her, actually she is really nice and is great with my color but cuts..so so at times and there is alot of chatter with other customers and no one (customers and owner and workers) don't seem to think infringing on another customers time with distractions is a problem.
Respected Contributor

Nope........I can't afford one anyway....lol....how silly imo Smiley LOL

-Do Not Copy Pls-