Honored Contributor

Re: HAVE YOU ALWAYS USED YOUR FACIAL SKIN CARE ON YOUR NECK/THROAT AREA?

After I had my skin-tightening-laser treatments done a few years back, my derm recommended retinol to maintain the firmness and smoothness to my skin. Right now I use Paula's 1% retinol all over face and neck. It works.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, same products on face, neck, and hands for over a decade.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  @Imadickens   Never thought about my ears!  I have never seen a wrinkley ear??? Guess I can add that to my routine! LOL!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden,

I had wrinkled ear lobes! LOL!Woman LOL Guess there is a medical condition associated with having one particular line in the lobe like mine. I used to have stretched out piercings too  from wearing heavy earrings...got 'em lasered so they are back to normal and wrinkled lobes gone!...LOL!Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

@ChazzyLady wrote:

@MarieIG would you mind sharing which creams you've found to be most effective?  I know sometimes we have to go through a lot of trial and error.

@ChazzyLady I am a long time user of Retin A.  My derm had a cream formulated for patients which I used for years before it became too expensive.  

The QVC cream which is my current favorite is Dr. Denese MD 33.

Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

ChazzyLady-Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate it.

I have learned quite a bit here from all of the ladies responding.  It gives me some things to go on. 

Thanks gals.

Trusted Contributor

BTW - my derm. told me about 12 years ago, when I had a basal cell removed - all you need is retinol and a good moisturizer.  Don't let any place, including my skincare center, talk you into anything else.

He gave me a prescription for retinol.....

Esteemed Contributor

I only use my regular skin care on my neck and decolletage and I have no lines.  I just think that selling those special products is a way to make women spend more money and feel insecure about their looks.  More importantly, I would never remember to use the special creams anyway.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I use my face or body products on my neck. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Sunday everyone.  

Ssshhh @Imadickens, don't mention creating a line of ear lobe specific products there might be a skin care company reading this and may start research on how to sucker market us an entire line/kit of ear lobe care products complete with everything you mentioned plus masks, scrubs, etc. all the while trying to make us feel guilty or stupid for not buying into it.  And thanks so much for suggesting that I ask him for samples; will do!

He he, need to put down @SeaMaiden for 6 Double Kits so she doesn't run out during the year!

Like you @AngelPuppy1, I have always just smoothed whatever extra face cream or body lotion left over on my hands on my ears; hadn't really thought about that until you mentioned it.

@SilleeMee I use Peter Thomas Roth's retinol, even around my eyes, because it does not irritate my very easy to irritate skin.  Also, the piercing in my right ear is stretched and I didn't know I could get that fixed with a laser; another question for my dermatologist, thanks.

I have tried to extend my facial skin care to my hands which I think is a great idea @tototwo, but my skin is so strange.  For instance, tried to use my Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads on the backs of my as he suggested and because they are very dry and eczema prone, they became irritated even though they're fine on my face and neck.

That Dr. Denesse's MD 33 looks good @MarieIG; may consider using that to alternate between my Skinn 24 Hour Youth Preservation Cream.  I find that it helps to rotate products so that they remain effective.  What I am definitely going to try is her Hydroshield Eye Fix Upper Eye Lid Cream. I just want a slightly smoother, tighter, and lifted upper lid for better results with my eye shadow application.

Hey, we should all be here to support and encourage each other @3suwm5.  It's not just that they try to talk us into buying stuff, they're in it to make money of course; it's approaching women with a bunch of guilt, shame and treating us like we're just plain stupid.

Hearts to you both @SXMGirl and @Iwantcoffee.  Yeah @SXMGirl, I'm just trying to keep up with all of the stuff I already have!

Have a great day everyone.