Honored Contributor

Re: HAVE A LITTLE TIME FOR: ASK @SHANUS

@AbbeyPenny wrote:

Hi Shanus!
Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.
I have mostly Bobbi Brown eyeshadows.
What are your favorite combos for blue-green eyes?  I have light skin and wear Warm Ivory and Sand in BB foundations.  

Looking for some fresh combos to work with Espresso and Caviar gel eyeliners.

Thank you!

@AbbeyPenny    Love those gel shades, especially caviar which sells out quickly...a great dark brown/black/ charcoal mixture. Shadow: I've started using many of the cream shadow sticks. On blue/green eyes, I think any peach, pinks, copper, camel shades look best and bring out the eye color. BB shadows are usually neutral except the rare brighter shades introduced since she left. She always believed that eye makeup colors should be light and blended, so the eyes are noticed and not the shadow. If someone say's "I love your eye makeup", you've over done it. Hope this gives you some suggestions to try. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Thanks for responding!  It's just 7pm here, so I'll be up for a bit longer.  I really like using Navy as a liner with my brown eyes.  I have a bdellium eyeliner brush that is pretty cool.  I'll have to try the application technique you describe.  Thanks again!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife   Midnight here and headed to bed. Long day. I had to be at the wedding by 5PM to get the women ready and I stay for all the photos, dancing, etc. to do touchups. The plus is I'm invited to help myself to the buffet or take a plate if it's a "drop plate" dinner. I'm a really big eater which has always shocked everyone I meet. Tonight's menu? Prime rib with all the trimmings and chocolate wedding cake with cheesecake and strawberries between the layers. YUM! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SurferWife   Midnight here and headed to bed. Long day. I had to be at the wedding by 5PM to get the women ready and I stay for all the photos, dancing, etc. to do touchups. The plus is I'm invited to help myself to the buffet or take a plate if it's a "drop plate" dinner. I'm a really big eater which has always shocked everyone I meet. Tonight's menu? Prime rib with all the trimmings and chocolate wedding cake with cheesecake and strawberries between the layers. YUM! 

@Shanus 

That sounds delicious!  I could go for that now.  My husband does all the cooking and he wasn't in the mooed tonight so I just threw some frozen burritos in the little Ninja oven...LOL!
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@persiflage   I can't imagine someone answering requested makeup questions being inappropriate. I wasn't here, didn't know him. One never knows if he rubbed someone the wrong way, gave links, etc. or someone just wanted him gone. Sad.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

That sounds delicious!  I could go for that now.  My husband does all the cooking and he wasn't in the mooed tonight so I just threw some frozen burritos in the little Ninja oven...LOL!

@SurferWife   My DH couldn't make anything except frozen dinners, eggs and boil pasta, BUT since I cook a full meal every night and love baaking, we've had 53 yr. deal that he always does all dishes, pots, pans, etc. great deal for me since I love to cook and think he got the short end of the stick. 😉

Honored Contributor

@Judaline 

I remember (vaguely) Brandon from years ago.  I first found this forum in 2002 so I think it would have been around then?? 

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl said

Are you threatening other posters??? 😳

Agg Emoji Idontknow Tumblr Lumpoff Tumblr Disponible - Shaking Head Emoji  Transparent PNG - 1024x1024 - Free Download on NicePNG

Oh good grief

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

If someone say's "I love your eye makeup", you've over done it.

That's certainly one theory... but not mine Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

If someone say's "I love your eye makeup", you've over done it.

That's certainly one theory... but not mine Smiley Wink 

Marilyn Monroe said after she gets dressed to go somewhere, she looks in the mirror and if there's one thing that stands out, she removes it. I can think of a couple of things that stand out, though, hahaha.