Honored Contributor

Re: HAVE A LITTLE TIME FOR: ASK @SHANUS

@beach-mom   Keep the question coming. I enjoy answering them...keeps me on my toes. 

Contributor

Hi Shanus!
Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.
I have mostly Bobbi Brown eyeshadows.
What are your favorite combos for blue-green eyes?  I have light skin and wear Warm Ivory and Sand in BB foundations.  

Looking for some fresh combos to work with Espresso and Caviar gel eyeliners.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: SRe: HAVE A LITTLE TIME FOR: ASK @SHANUS

@Shanus wrote:

@greenjean1 wrote:

@Shanus  Well I guess I haven't done that. Never thought of a color corrector.  Is that where one uses the green tint to offset the red? As you can tell, I have no clue.  I have been on creams for it by my derm, but truthfully I think wearing a mask has made it worse.

I hope you post other beauty topics. I'm sorry the other went south, but do carry on!

@greenjean1   There are color correctors that come in green, purple, etc., but most are difficult to blend and then you still need to cover them up with concealer. The correctors I'm talking about are peach or yellow toned like you'd use under your eyes before concealer to counteract darkness. Sometimes they can work to help neutralize the redness, too. 

***Not going anywhere. I thought the thread was useful. Not sure what happened. There were a few nasties chiming in and maybe that sent it south. 

This reminds me of something. Probably before your time, but there was a poster, who, like you, answered beauty questions. His posts on beauty were so great that we all started asking him questions and he'd answer. His name was Brandon and that's all we knew. Anyway, for some reason,some posters said he had a nerve doing this-advising people on their beauty questions!! (the shame of it all!!!!!!!) Just kidding. Anyway, they banned him and he was never heard from again. Just beware@Shanus. There are bad guys out there! I can't imagine what their problem was. If they didn't like him why couldn't they NOT look at his posts??

Valued Contributor

You bring up something interesting @Judaline , probably moderation was aware of a deception on the part of Brandon and it would be their responsibility to ensure those participating on the forum weren't drawn into some type of exploitation.  If he had been reported due to something he had done that was against forum rules and moderation did nothing they could be badly embarrassed or held responsible in some way if it was shown there had been reporting and acknowledgement.  There are people who study and document this type of behavior, best to flush it out before it goes too far.

libby's folly
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@persiflage wrote:

You bring up something interesting @Judaline , probably moderation was aware of a deception on the part of Brandon and it would be their responsibility to ensure those participating on the forum weren't drawn into some type of exploitation.  If he had been reported due to something he had done that was against forum rules and moderation did nothing they could be badly embarrassed or held responsible in some way if it was shown there had been reporting and acknowledgement.  There are people who study and document this type of behavior, best to flush it out before it goes too far.

We'll never know but I'd like to get the guys who turned him in. For nothing. Made no sense at the time and things were much more carefree then so I don't know what it was. And he never gave out a retail address or anything verboten-just answered questions we asked him.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@persiflage wrote:

We'll never know but I'd like to get the guys who turned him in. For nothing. Made no sense at the time and things were much more carefree then so I don't know what it was. And he never gave out a retail address or anything verboten-just answered questions we asked him.

Are you threatening other posters??? 😳

As @persiflage  posted, that person most likely was deemed inappropriate or a threat to this community and that's why Q moderators removed 'him'. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I have a question about eyeliners.  What is your favorite type of eyeliner for the maturing eye?  Sometimes I like to use eyeshadow as eyeliner.  Is there a specific brush you can recommend?  I appreciate your advice! ❤️🌺🌺🌺

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@persiflage wrote:

As @persiflage  posted, that person most likely was deemed inappropriate or a threat to this community and that's why Q moderators removed 'him'.

But why a threat, and never inappropriate and all the posters loved him. Someone didn't. 

Honored Contributor

Re: SRe: HAVE A LITTLE TIME FOR: ASK @SHANUS

@Judaline   Thanks for the warning, but Brandon whoever was before my time here. I have a fairly thick skin even though there are some here that still deliver their snarky remarks and demeaning comments trying to discredit me. Let them have their few seconds. They don't bother me a bit. It's their need to put people down...have never understood why and don't really care. I'm just happy I don't know them or have to live with them. Hell on earth, I'd think.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife   Can you believe I'm still awake? Just back from doing a wedding...freezing cold here and I'm having a cup heerbal tea, feet up in front of the fire and catching up on notifications here.

So eyeliners: i use shadow sometimes, as well. I use a veryfine eyeliner brush. Mine is Bobbi Brown (shocker) acquired many years ago, but still available. My application is done holding the brush (or any short, soft bristle brush) from the top with eyes open, and work it down into the lashes...very little shows on the lid. More often, I do the same with a pencil first to give the shadow something to adhere to. I also do tightlining with either gel liner in a pot (just back in stock from BB) with same fine brush with soft bristles. I find black too harsh for many women and choose navy, charcoal or chocolate brown. if you like using brown, be sure it has no red in it...many do and canmake your eyes appear tired/whies take on a pink tinge.