Regular Contributor

SRe: HAVE A LITTLE TIME FOR: ASK @SHANUS

@Shanus if one has rosacea on one cheek that is red, what can be done for coverage? I've tried IT concealer and used just a tiny amount as recommended and it still doesn't cover. Do I have to go to something like Dermablend? My one affected cheek with rosacea is also dry and peels. It's a disaster as I can't seem to moisturize it enough.  Please and thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: HAVE A LITTLE TIME FOR: ASK @SHANUS

@monicakm - Not at all! The serum is Josie Maran's Resurfacing serum. I got the name wrong earlier!  

Thank you for your advice too. It's good to know I don't need to worry about the sharp line.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: SRe: HAVE A LITTLE TIME FOR: ASK @SHANUS

@greenjean1 wrote:

@Shanus if one has rosacea on one cheek that is red, what can be done for coverage? I've tried IT concealer and used just a tiny amount as recommended and it still doesn't cover. Do I have to go to something like Dermablend? My one affected cheek with rosacea is also dry and peels. It's a disaster as I can't seem to moisturize it enough.  Please and thank you.

@greenjean1 - I hope you're OK with my answering you too! I'll let @Shanus handle the coverage part, but I wanted to share with you my story.

I had bad rosacea in my 20's. It was on my nose and right side of my face. My family doctor gave me cream, which ended up making an indentation in my skin that is still there. I went to a dermatologist who put me on a very low dose of Doxycycline. That was about 30 years ago and my face is fine. If I go to a makeup consultation the mua is always surprised when I say I have rosacea.

When my rosacea was bad my nose was red and a little puffy. I was worried about looking like someone older who drank too much! So I'm so glad I took care of it.

If you haven't been to a dermatologist you might want to think about it. It made such a difference for me!  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@greenjean1 wrote:

@greenjean1 - I hope you're OK with my answering you too! I'll let @Shanus handle the coverage part, but I wanted to share with you my story.

I had bad rosacea in my 20's. It was on my nose and right side of my face. My family doctor gave me cream, which ended up making an indentation in my skin that is still there. I went to a dermatologist who put me on a very low dose of Doxycycline. That was about 30 years ago and my face is fine. If I go to a makeup consultation the mua is always surprised when I say I have rosacea.

When my rosacea was bad my nose was red and a little puffy. I was worried about looking like someone older who drank too much! So I'm so glad I took care of it.

If you haven't been to a dermatologist you might want to think about it. It made such a difference for me!  Smiley Happy

Thank you @beach-mom and no I don't mind one bit that you responded.  I have seen a dermatologist and she did prescribe doxycycline,  but shamefully I haven't followed through with it because of sun exposure effects. I'm now encouraged to start it. I had creams that also did nothing to help but maybe treatm6from the inside will do the trick. It's such a nuisance plus embarrassment. It's like I have too much blush on one side!

Again, thanks for sharing your story.  I'm starting my doxycycline tonight!

Honored Contributor

@greenjean1 - I'm glad you have some and can try it again. It's made such a difference for me. I hope you have luck too this time!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Shanus - I know this thread is from last month, but I hope you will still see it!

I have two questions. I'm sorry if I'm really long, but I want you to know what I'm thinking!

I just started using serum last year (Josie Maran's). Until last year I wore very little on my face. In the morning I wore just sunscreen, 365 days a year, indoors or out. Then I started my makeup. At night I wore nothing (per my dermatologist's recommendation). Before I started using serum I started using Josie's Milk, twice a day, and I like the way my face feels.

DD gave me a JM kit she found at Sephora for Christmas because she knows I like Milk, and that is in the kit. It also has Vitamin C, which I have seen you recommend before. Is this Vitamin C better than the Resurfacing serum I'm using? Should I alternate?  

I am not consistent with these products. I started this new routine by using just Milk morning and night. I see it as a light moisturizer. Once I started using serum at night I stopped using Milk then. Should I still use Milk under the serum?

I am home more days than usual these days. So my question is- if I wear serum at night and don't get around to washing it off right away the following day, is it OK to stay on your face that long?

Second question:

My eyebrows have always been a problem! Lately when I watch the beauty models on QVC I notice they have a very neat start to their brow, almost like they have drawn a straight vertical line right before their brow starts. I start coloring my eyebrows in the same ways, but I don't pay attention to making the beginning of my brow so perfect. Should I be drawing the line to make it look almost stenciled?

@Shanus - You continue to give others and me so much help. I really appreciate it! Thank you!  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom   I rec'd the notification of this question. I'm not familiar w/ JM's products, so can't speak to that milk.

Vit. C serums are worn in the morning as they assist your spf and yes, all skincare, especially spf needs to be cleansed off at night.

Brows...everyone's issue. The beginning of the brow should be lighter (lightly filled in) than the rest of the brow to look natural. The brows on Q and many on younger girls on YT look painted on and too dark. I like to round out out the beginning of the brow using a light hand and then fill in the rest. That's why many companies make a brow powder that comes in 2 shades in each pan...lighter for the start of brow and darker at the arch. See Wayne Goss's video on brows on YT. 

Hope that answered your questions, page me again if not.

Honored Contributor

@greenjean1 wrote:

@greenjean1   If it gets dry and peels, I'd have a derm look at it. A perscription cream may be needed. have you tried a corrector instead of concealer?

Regular Contributor

@Shanus  Well I guess I haven't done that. Never thought of a color corrector.  Is that where one uses the green tint to offset the red? As you can tell, I have no clue.  I have been on creams for it by my derm, but truthfully I think wearing a mask has made it worse.

I hope you post other beauty topics. I'm sorry the other went south, but do carry on!

Honored Contributor

@greenjean1 wrote:

@Shanus  Well I guess I haven't done that. Never thought of a color corrector.  Is that where one uses the green tint to offset the red? As you can tell, I have no clue.  I have been on creams for it by my derm, but truthfully I think wearing a mask has made it worse.

I hope you post other beauty topics. I'm sorry the other went south, but do carry on!

@greenjean1   There are color correctors that come in green, purple, etc., but most are difficult to blend and then you still need to cover them up with concealer. The correctors I'm talking about are peach or yellow toned like you'd use under your eyes before concealer to counteract darkness. Sometimes they can work to help neutralize the redness, too. 

***Not going anywhere. I thought the thread was useful. Not sure what happened. There were a few nasties chiming in and maybe that sent it south. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Shanus! I'm glad to know how to use the Vitamin C serum. I've never used it, but now I'll try it! 

I look at Josie's Milk as a light moisturizer. I do really like it.

And I always wash everything off at night. My mom taught me well. LOL! It's the serum I put on to sleep and sometimes don't get it off first thing in the morning I was concerned about.

I will watch the video you recommended. I've heard of Wayne Goss, but have never seen him. Remember Krisofer Buckle? I really liked his brow product, but it didn't last all day. I'm very careful about my tail. I have been since I was young. (I have a scar from an accident when I was a toddler, and my one brow never grew beyond it.) I had a coworker once who didn't extend her brow when she probably should have!

Thanks again! I will keep asking you questions- I hope you don't mind!  Smiley Happy