Trusted Contributor

Re: HAVE A LITTLE TIME FOR: ASK @SHANUS

@Shanus I can't think of anything right now, but thank you for asking.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  I agree with you about concealer,  I stopped doing the very light undereye concealer a few years ago.  It's actually aging because it brings attention to the area most mature women shouldn't be looking to emphasize.  Using one closer to you skintone is more flattering, also keeping it away from the outer eye area is best too. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Shanus!  Today I tried your suggestion of spraying a sponge with my setting spray and then dabbing it on my blush to help the blush from fading.  It worked really well and I want to thank you.  I then sprayed the sponge again and went over my whole face and I must say I like doing it that way instead of spraying the setting spray on my face.

Again, thanks for your suggestion!  I really appreciate it.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL   You are so welcome. Sometimes setting sprays get a bad rap because they're used in ways that defeat the purpose. If used directly on the face w/ a damp sponge, it's much more effective. No sprays that I've found, have a fine enough misting system to spray as a finishing step unless a foot away and moving the bottle qickly over the bottom half (below eyes) of the face. I purchased a fine mister on Amazon that I pour my spray into. I'm can also then stand a foot away from a client and give a quick spritz w/o "wetting" the makeup. It's difficult to do this on myself because generally arms are not long enough. Lol

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  @Shanus 

I picked up the method (from YTers) of spraying it on my face and then using a damp Beauty Blender to lightly dab/pat it into the skin.  It may be the same as spraying it onto the BB and then dabbing.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL  @Shanus 

I picked up the method (from YTers) of spraying it on my face and then using a damp Beauty Blender to lightly dab/pat it into the skin.  It may be the same as spraying it onto the BB and then dabbing.

@monicakm  - thats how I used to do it also, however, always felt like it took my makeup away when I did it like that.  Probably because I couldn't hold my arm out far enough. LOL  @Shanus suggestion worked so much better for me.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I will give it a try when I start back with setting spray.  I don't use it during cold weather.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Depending on your foundation, primer and spf, the dabbing/patting can disturb the makeup. Yes, it works, but must be done gently and after everything has settled and dried down.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus - I know this thread is from last month, but I hope you will still see it!

I have two questions. I'm sorry if I'm really long, but I want you to know what I'm thinking!

I just started using serum last year (Josie Maran's). Until last year I wore very little on my face. In the morning I wore just sunscreen, 365 days a year, indoors or out. Then I started my makeup. At night I wore nothing (per my dermatologist's recommendation). Before I started using serum I started using Josie's Milk, twice a day, and I like the way my face feels.

DD gave me a JM kit she found at Sephora for Christmas because she knows I like Milk, and that is in the kit. It also has Vitamin C, which I have seen you recommend before. Is this Vitamin C better than the Resurfacing serum I'm using? Should I alternate?  

I am not consistent with these products. I started this new routine by using just Milk morning and night. I see it as a light moisturizer. Once I started using serum at night I stopped using Milk then. Should I still use Milk under the serum?

I am home more days than usual these days. So my question is- if I wear serum at night and don't get around to washing it off right away the following day, is it OK to stay on your face that long?

Second question:

My eyebrows have always been a problem! Lately when I watch the beauty models on QVC I notice they have a very neat start to their brow, almost like they have drawn a straight vertical line right before their brow starts. I start coloring my eyebrows in the same ways, but I don't pay attention to making the beginning of my brow so perfect. Should I be drawing the line to make it look almost stenciled?

@Shanus - You continue to give others and me so much help. I really appreciate it! Thank you!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

I hope you don't mind if others give their two cents also.

I don't think you should do anything like someone is doing it if it's not a look you care for.  I personally don't care for the stenciled eyebrow look.  It looks too harsh.  If you want a more natural look, stay away from the straight lines.  

It's fine to leave your nighttime serum on into your day. It's already going to have done what it's going to do but it would help if you mentioned what serum you're using?  Are you talking about the C?

Consistency is the key.