Honored Contributor

Re: HAVE A LITTLE TIME FOR: ASK @SHANUS

@Dusty1 

Blush is the one thing that seems to disappear the fastest.  Now that my face is dry and combined with a setting spray, it is still on at the end of the day (more so in the colder months when I'm not sweating).  But even when it's hot, if I leave my face alone or just lightly pat it dry, I'll still have blush at the end of the day.  I use mostly powder blush.  I think I have an order coming tomorrow that contains a Natasha Denona cream blush and highlighter.  I'm excited to try it.

Rose Cheek Duo - Cream Blush and Highlighter

Natasha Denona - Rose Cheek Duo - Cream Blush and Highlighter Cream Blush/Super Glow Highlighter in shade Warm Rose/Light-Medium 2 x 0.07 oz/ 2 g

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@decaf 

I guess you're right.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@JudyL I hope you don't mind me butting in, though I am not the expert that Shanus is.

If your blush isn't lasting it could be because your skin is oily or the product that you are using under it is too "dewey"? 

Is your skin oily/normal/dry? 

Are you using a very moisturizing product or products that claim to be "glowy" or dewey"?

Those things will make your blush disappear. 

@Dusty1 - of course I don't mind you "butting in."  I do have dry skin and use a moisturizer and primer under foundation.  Don't think any of them are particularly glowy or dewey but will pay more attention to that next time I put on my makeup

Honored Contributor

@decaf   I never read a comment from you. Must have been poofed before I saw it. Was it a comment for me?

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  It was a silly joking comment, I better not repeat it, I might get in trouble,  But it was not anything derogatory about you, I promise. 

Contributor

Hi Shanus,
I know I'm early asking this question, but what are some of your favorite tips to transition from winter makeup to spring makeup?

Any particular lip and eye shadow shades that look to be popular for spring?

Have you seen any new palettes that look appealing?

Thank you for taking the time to chat with us!

Honored Contributor

@decaf   I take your word and not concerned. I was just wondering if you had a question that could be worded another way. Have a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AbbeyPenny wrote:

Hi Shanus,
I know I'm early asking this question, but what are some of your favorite tips to transition from winter makeup to spring makeup?

Any particular lip and eye shadow shades that look to be popular for spring?

Have you seen any new palettes that look appealing?

Thank you for taking the time to chat with us!

@AbbeyPenny   The biggest trend I see is the slowing down of new makeup collections every two weeks. So grateful for that. I think the makeup companies have saturated, confused and turned off a lot of potential buyers. 

The necessity for masks is driving the eye makeup category for spring. Lips seem to be glosses and balms with more moisturizing benefits. 

As far as tips, I go a bit darker (more berry than pink) w/ lip color in winter and a little brighter w/ blush. Spring is usually a time to lighten it back up to a pinky/nude and others use bronzer or "blonzer"...that blush and bronzer combo looks big for spring. I personally prefer 2 separate products, bronzer applied a bit above the hollow of cheeks (across the bridge of nose and a bit on temples) and then blush above it or barely blended in with it.

Highlighting products may be an afterthought...again not seen with a mask. If there are any lines, the highlight should be applied lower just above the blush and not near the crowsfeet area...hidden by masks.  

Women working from home, doing zoom meetings may continue with minimal makeup, but many of us have realized over the last two years that our complexions have profited from better skincare and less makeup (foundation).

***I am seeing a big trendin bright clothing for spring. That sometimes translates to makeup...the brighter the clothing, the more toned down the eyes and lips need to be if have a fair-medium complexion. Darker complexions can carry brighter colors, but that sometimes can go so wrong with any skin tone.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

The biggest trend I see is the slowing down of new makeup collections every two weeks. So grateful for that. I think the makeup companies have saturated, confused and turned off a lot of potential buyers. 

Thank goodness!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I so agree. In protest, some women have stopped purchasing makeup because so many of the same looking palettes, etc. kept coming out. The companies are feeling the hurt.