Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,083
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Does anyone have experience with these?  I don't have hair at the moment, and don't want to spend a lot on a wig.  If these are good, I'll order one.   Not necessarily one of the TSVs, but a wig.  Thanks in advance. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,504
Registered: ‎05-15-2016

As far as wigs go and I own a lot, these look like factory rejects. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,481
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

MBR looked cute with a short hair style. More youthful and not dragging down her face as  with her longer hair.  

 

It seemed like one had to be extremely careful in washing the wig so as not to tangle it. Someone called in about wigs slipping and it was suggested to sew in hair clips.  Some wear a wig cap and some did not. I thought the colors offered were limiting. 

 

Someday I might try one to see myself in real grey hair as still color mine. Lol.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,477
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

@GenXmuse wrote:

As far as wigs go and I own a lot, these look like factory rejects. 


 

 

@GenXmuse 

Where do you buy your wigs? 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,504
Registered: ‎05-15-2016

@SilleeMee wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

As far as wigs go and I own a lot, these look like factory rejects. 


 

 

@GenXmuse 

Where do you buy your wigs? 


 Mainly at cysterwigs.com. They've been great, lots of sales, a clearance section and good customer service. I have some human hair wigs from Milano wigs and Hairalicious as well. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,769
Registered: ‎03-15-2014

Re: HAIRDO WIG TSV

[ Edited ]

Here is Mary Beth's before and after.  She's wearing the "Flirty Flip."

 

mary beth wig.JPG

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,702
Registered: ‎08-22-2013

@Gorgf wrote:

MBR looked cute with a short hair style. More youthful and not dragging down her face as  with her longer hair.  

 

It seemed like one had to be extremely careful in washing the wig so as not to tangle it. Someone called in about wigs slipping and it was suggested to sew in hair clips.  Some wear a wig cap and some did not. I thought the colors offered were limiting. 

 

Someday I might try one to see myself in real grey hair as still color mine. Lol.


I have a feeling MBR equates longer hair with staying youthful looking and of course she can style her hair different ways if it's longer. I like her in the short wig, but I can tell it's a wig. I wish MBR would wear slacks or jeans that are not so long and puddle at the ankle. The look is sloppy and frumpy/dumpy looking, she can afford to have her pants hemmed if she's too tall for the petite.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,890
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

I have  many of the hairuwear  wigs in a short pixie like cut , not  the one from today.   I don't care for the pretty pixie the top is too sparse on top I think.  I like more to work with on the top then this one has.   It seems the blonde choices have more hair on them at least  it looks that way too me on air.    I love the wigs I've had now fir a few years from this line ,  all in the medium red ginger which is exactly the shade of my own hair ,  but my hair is long so it's fun to change into the short sassy style ,  everyone that sees me in one raves at how natural and wonderful they look on me.  When my hair isn't cooperating and I need to get out the door in 2 seconds I put it on and out the door I go  !   Saves me tons of time !  So much easier to get ready just makeup no blowdrying , curling etc.  

 

i prefer the lady that used to be show the wigs over this guy ,  I thought she did a terrific job and wish they would bring her back .   I found her more sincere as well . Plus she tried each wig on herself which of course he can't do .     I also feel Marybeth is a bit over the top and admiring herself .   I do think she looks much better in the pixie then in her own hairstyle ,   It gives her a real uplift and youthful look ,  very natural .  

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,431
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: HAIRDO WIG TSV

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

Here is Mary Beth's before and after.  She's wearing the "Flirty Flip."

 

mary beth wig.JPG


I must be in the minority here....I don't like that pixie one she is wearing on her at all...it makes her neck look so much worse...draws attention to it....and it's too short in the back and sides...YUK.  I don't like her natural do on the other side in that photo but she usually curls it up some and they brushed it down drab for the photo.

 

I did see her put on the long one and that looked really bad...and that color orange on her was really bad.  That was all wrong.  I think the medium length one would have been better but never saw that on her.

 

I ordered one from this brand a few yrs ago....it was really bad quality and looked so bad...I sent it right back the next day.  Maybe the quality is better now....good luck to all who order!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,808
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@ItsME wrote:

Does anyone have experience with these?  I don't have hair at the moment, and don't want to spend a lot on a wig.  If these are good, I'll order one.   Not necessarily one of the TSVs, but a wig.  Thanks in advance. 


@ItsME 

 

I don't have hair right now either and I have ordered a couple of wigs from TLC catalog, both in the $100-$120 range. They have lots of colors to choose from and they give you the measurements so you know what size to order. I got one the closest to my previous style and color but I just hate wearing it. My head itches and I feel like I have to touch it all the time. But then I can't stand wearing hats either!