Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: HAIRCUT/TRIM ON WEDNESDAY

@Sooner wrote:

Once went to a stylist who refused to cut more than an inch off no matter how long your hair was--and that was if you had really long hair.

Said they had had too many crying and there was going to be NO MORE crying in that salon.  

@Sooner   My senior year of college and when I got married, this self professed pixie addict had hair passed my shoulders. When I got engaged at 20, kept it long for the wedding and 2 yrs. afterwards. When we adopted our son at 4 days old and I became preggers before he was 3 months old...my first thought? Back to short hair!!!

I had a tough time getting the stylist to cut all my curls off. She insisted on doing it in 3 appts. at no extra charge for same reason you mentioned. Too much angst/crying over hair cut too short. So, for the last 47 years I've worn a short (really short) pixie w/ several spells of growing it out to a chin length bob without layers...get tired of blow drying with brushes, styling products and cut it off again. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Many years ago I had a lovely pixie. When I wanted to grow it out the stylist kept wanting to cut in layers. I quit going.

Now it is just long and curly. Almost to my waist. DH cuts off the ends when needed.

@Mary Bailey   I get it. Every time I've tried to grow out a short layered style, the stylist insists that cutting ends (ends up short/layered again) makes it look neater and prevents split ends. I don't buy it anymore. At the beginning, I trim the "mullet" look at the neckline and then just nature take over. DH isn't great w/ a scissors, but he does hold the mirror steady. A huge help. 

It's easier to grow out when curly...can cover up the awkward stages, right?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@just bee   Comment about the brick? Lol

@Shanus 

I was afraid that would be weird, but when our house burned last year we couldn't repair the charred bricks because they stopped making that particular brick 15 years ago.  Had to tear down the house and choose a new brick.  It bears no resemblance to the old brick.  Changes everything.

You can't imagine how many bricks we looked at and how much we discovered about brick.  I'm still looking at bricks! Woman LOL

Love brick...

(We chose one that is actually made here in our fair city.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

I was afraid that would be weird, but when our house burned last year we couldn't repair the charred bricks because they stopped making that particular brick 15 years ago.  Had to tear down the house and choose a new brick.  It bears no resemblance to the old brick.  Changes everything.

You can't imagine how many bricks we looked at and how much we discovered about brick.  I'm still looking at bricks! Woman LOL

Love brick...

@just bee   Certainly did not mean to diminish the anguish of rebuilding. It just struck me funny. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

Love brick...

@just bee   Certainly did not mean to diminish the anguish of rebuilding. It just struck me funny. 

@Shanus 

Oh, gosh -- not at all! Heart  

I just think that a lot of us take brick for granted.  I was born in Chicago and brick was everywhere.  But it was rare in California.  Earthquakes are not kind to brick.

When we moved to New Mexico, they were building brick homes and I was thrilled.  But when it came time to find a brick mason to rebuild the house we discovered that they are a rarity these days.

I guess brick is "out." Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee   In NC, lots of brick houses here because of all the red clay earth. Brick yards everywhere....People getting away from it and going to the wood farmhouse look.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@just bee   In NC, lots of brick houses here because of all the red clay earth. Brick yards everywhere....People getting away from it and going to the wood farmhouse look.

@Shanus 

Have a lot of Californians moving there? Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

@just bee   Can't assess the origin of residents because of 3 or more huge universities and nationally known hospitals. Professors and physicians from all over the world. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

@just bee   Can't assess the origin of residents because of 3 or more huge universities and nationally known hospitals. Professors and physicians from all over the world. 

@Shanus 

That is a very prudent response! Woman LOL

Well, wood is good, too.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Shanus 

Today I had my hair appointment for everything with my new stylist.

She nailed it!  Although, I must say I was "shocked" by the price😳 but so glad I changed stylists!!!

DEBD1D43-017A-44D0-AAA2-2DA55819A58E.jpeg

@homedecor1  - That's a good looking cut - and color too!  Happy for you that you found a good stylist.  Smiley Happy