Respected Contributor

Re: HAIRCUT/TRIM ON WEDNESDAY

@Shanus wrote:

@homedecor1    Yep, that's the photo I took in a year ago to get my short pixie. At that length, my hair doesn't curl & is wash and air dry, but not many style options. After a few months, I wanted a chin length, no layers bob...takes forever with all those short layers to grow out. One appt. w/ a stylist who cuts off too much and it puts me back 3-4 months of growth. Quite aggravating. 

@Shanus  I had that problem with my stylist after trying to grow my hair out. A year later it was still short so I decided not to go until my hair was long. When I went back I told her what I wanted. I made a point of telling her that I had enjoyed spending her salary waiting for my hair to grow out. It was not a nice thing to do but she has never scalped me again since and we get along great today.

Honored Contributor

I did a pretty good job cutting off 1/4" considering I was looking in a mirror and everything was backwards. It'll be quite awhile until I make another appointment. I'm just going to let it grow and grow and grow. When it gets the length I want and needs just a straight cut all around, I can go to anyone for that...even in a strip mall for $12. 😜

Honored Contributor

She's a very bad hairstylist.  Go find another one.  I've had a stylist or two who wasn't giving me what I wanted or didn't have the skill to do something I wanted.  That's when I find someone new.  Bad hairstylists tend to do what they want to do, regardless of what the client asks for because they do what they are comfortable doing and once they know you'll keep coming back, you've given them permission to do what they want to do.

Honored Contributor

But @chrystaltree , not everyone keeps coming back. Once you give them a time-out, they should realize it's time to shape up.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Today I had my hair appointment for everything with my new stylist.

She nailed it!  Although, I must say I was "shocked" by the price😳 but so glad I changed stylists!!!

DEBD1D43-017A-44D0-AAA2-2DA55819A58E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Shanus 

She nailed it!  Although, I must say I was "shocked" by the price😳 but so glad I changed stylists!!!

@homedecor1   Loving your haircut. That's how my pixie was...an inch shorter. Makes me want to cut my hair again. I'm sure you're so happy and hit the jackpot w/ your new stylist!!! 🌺

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Shanus 

@homedecor1 

Great hair! Heart

And I really like that brick, too.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Once went to a stylist who refused to cut more than an inch off no matter how long your hair was--and that was if you had really long hair.

Said they had had too many crying and there was going to be NO MORE crying in that salon.  

Honored Contributor

@just bee   Comment about the brick? Lol

Esteemed Contributor

Many years ago I had a lovely pixie. When I wanted to grow it out the stylist kept wanting to cut in layers. I quit going.

Now it is just long and curly. Almost to my waist. DH cuts off the ends when needed.