Esteemed Contributor

Re: HAIR CATCHTING DRAIN GADGET on GMADEALS 3-6-19

No problem, @SilleeMee . I've had the top of the drain off for years. I pull the hair off of the internal crossbars after every other shower. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS 

Thank you for mentioning this! I usually miss the GMA Deals because of work. I just snagged a set of these thanks to you. I need this!

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The TubShroom has to fit inside the drain hole in your tub. The drain hole has to be open without a drain-cap on it. You'll have to remove the drain-cap to use the TubShroom which means you won't be able to fill your tub unless you put the cap back in the drain hole.@rochelleS 

Thanks @SilleeMee for info . I read how it worked and I would have to unscrew my tub drain cap everytime I use it. ... since it doesn't work like a stopper. Its a good idea, but won't work in my tub. The sinkshroom would work better for me.

Honored Contributor

I have something called a Danco hair catcher.  It's specifically for a stand-alone shower and you have to replace the drain cover with it, but it actually looks better than the drain cover that was there before.  You do have to clean out the little baskets regularly, but it comes with three and you can buy replacements to have more.  I don't even attach the basket to the drain cover.  I just drop it in and put the cover over it.  The only downside besides needing to clean the baskets is that one of my cats sometimes pulls it out and plays with the basket and I'll find it laying somewhere on the bedroom floor.  I'm not sure if they have a model for tubs or not.

2c4d00d8-247f-4a8d-ac4c-6714af640fb1._SL300__.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

@rochelleS 

Thank you for mentioning this! I usually miss the GMA Deals because of work. I just snagged a set of these thanks to you. I need this!

@willdob3 

You are so welcome!  I never watch the morning shows. I just go to the web sites and check out the promos: gmadeals and viewyourdeal. Add dot com to both and you can see what's being offered. Sometimes the offers are extended an extra day. And sales end at midnight pst, although I personally have made purchases well past the advertised cutoff. I've purchased a variety of items at a minimum of 50% savings, often with free shipping and have been very pleased.

There's another huge offering today on gmadeals with 23 vendors! One of the largest of late. Check it out. I'll start a separate thread.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Thank you for sharing the Danco hair catcher. ❤ Another option for my shower. Do you recall where you purchased the 3 pack? I will be looking for something for the bathroom sinks too. Some products are made for specific drain styles. I'll be doing a bit of research to find a configuration that'll fit mine. Have a great day! ♡♡♡

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Thank you for sharing the Danco hair catcher. ❤ Another option for my shower. Do you recall where you purchased the 3 pack? I will be looking for something for the bathroom sinks too. Some products are made for specific drain styles. I'll be doing a bit of research to find a configuration that'll fit mine. Have a great day! ♡♡♡

@rochelleS, I got it on Amazon.  Would've posted a link, but I think that is verboten here.  I'm thinking about getting another set of 3 baskets just to give me more time between cleanings if need be, just because I'm lazy about it.  I let them dry out and then use an ice pick to pull most of the hair out.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Thank you so much. ❤ I'll be checking Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have the TubShroom in my shower right now. I have long hair and it catches any that falls out in the shower. You don't have to clean it everyday unless you have a lot of hairy people in the tub. I think I paid around $12 for mine.

@SilleeMee  Made me chuckle "at unless you have a lot of hairy people in the tub' ...that visual :-D

I loose so much hair it's sick.

I will be looking into gadget this since you guys like it. I've seen ads.

My hair is everywhere and I take all kinds of supplements good ones..my nails grow but hair falls out and grey is coing in full balst maybe that's how it goes for some?

Using Kernique past few months...but only using the growth spray [minnoxidal] [sp?] 2 times a week. Maybe I should use it more?

Ugh :/

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@rochelleS 

@willdob3 

You are so welcome!  I never watch the morning shows. I just go to the web sites and check out the promos: gmadeals and viewyourdeal. Add dot com to both and you can see what's being offered. Sometimes the offers are extended an extra day. And sales end at midnight pst, although I personally have made purchases well past the advertised cutoff. I've purchased a variety of items at a minimum of 50% savings, often with free shipping and have been very pleased.

There's another huge offering today on gmadeals with 23 vendors! One of the largest of late. Check it out. I'll start a separate thread.

@rochelleS 

I have to thank you again! I checked the second list and discovered another product I have wanted to try! I ordered a NodPod! Usually, the gma products are new to me but I’d been interested in this and the drain thing for quite a while. The NodPod already shipped!