Respected Contributor

Re: HAD DERMATOLOGY APPT TODAY AT MAYO CLINIC ...

@Dazlin  I'm so glad the surgery is behind you.  I hope you have a better day today and your pain eases.  Your health is the #1 priority.  

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

I have scalp dermatitis also & scar easily. Head&Shoulders PURE helped lots.  Derm recommended, you might try when you heal up.  You've got lots going on, but MAYO Rodchester helped me through an issue that no one else could even diagnose, so keep the faith! 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

You are just so thoughtful to post such a kind reply when you are going through so much yourself!  I hope you heal well with all your issues.  I'm sure it feels overwhelming at times.  

They told me I can take Tylenol which does nothing.  I go back in less than 2 weeks for a check-up and to see if they can take the sutures out.  Another thing I wish they could do differently and better --- they plastered my head and hair with tape.  OMG -- that tape hurts and pulls and it's really awful to get off.  You would think they could come up with a better solution!!!  

I only go outside for any extended period of time to do weeding and trimming and I wear a hat.  Also, when I walk outside, which is rare, I wear a hat then, too.  So --- why this????  I am like you --- very fair and I had blonde hair and now it is gray.  

It does sound like your Mom needs to have that section on her nose looked at.  That spot on my scalp looked the same way --- it was always itching, flaking and scabbing.  I was concerned about it but another derm told me it was fine.  What???  Poor Mom --- when you get older, you just get sick of being bothered with all of this stuff..  

I really hope that all goes well for you and your mother!

I thank you again for your kindness and concern.  I really appreciate it!  Blessings!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 ,just wanted to drop in and see how your doing today??    I agree about Tylenol, I don't bother with it, does nothing for me either...I love Advil, but that may increase bleeding.   Gosh, can't figure why you got this on the scalp, hat and all 🤦‍♀️.  I wonder why they don't use the self disolving sutures...I too always have to have stitches out after biopsies.

I'm outside now with my grandson, and the dogs.  Wearing sunblock, and a hat.  I can't apply sunscreen to the area I'm treating with the cancer cream for at least 2 hours after application,  annoying.   So far nothing is happening.  Day 4 today, looks same, no reddening or anything.   As for the Retin A, today after showering I see some slight flaking on my face.   I have Tachas rice polish,  I'll try that tomorrow, see if it helps slough off flakes...if not, I'll search for something else.

Hope your feeling a little better today. 

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine , I did not have any surgery...you may be thinking of @AngelPuppy1 ..?

Respected Contributor

@Drythe , I actually have used Head n Shoulders a long time ago for it...I think it was pretty good, but unfortunately, nothing cures it...it comes and goes as it pleases.  I applied a new prescription to that are on my scalp, and it helped immediately.   Only had to use it once.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin  My husband has used that cream, with a follow-up one, several times with good results.  

Respected Contributor

@tansy , which cream are you referring to?

The cancer cream?   So far, I'm on day 4, 2x daily  and nothing has changed...no redness, nothing....looks the same.   I was told and shown pics of after effects...im not getting any of that.  I'll contact derm if I don't see anything going on.

Honored Contributor

Yes, the cancer cream, @Dazlin.  As I recall it took several days for  the reaction to start up.  

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

Thanks for checking on me and telling me how you are doing!

Having fair skin sure has it's challenges, thats for sure.  Even when you try to be careful, you still get hammered!  My scalp is extremely sore and raw feeling and I still have a terrible headache.  This is certainly way more than I expected it to be!  

Had you ever used Retin A before?  I have requested it several times but have been told that my skin is just too sensitive and reactive.  I told DH that if I ever get over this and get to a point where it's no longer an issue, I want to look into possibly getting some kind of treatment for my Rosacea.  He says I look fine and I am happy that he feels that way.  But the issue is, I don't feel fine or have any confidence in the way I look - at all. I know I am 71 and don't expect to look like I'm 40 again, but I would like to have better and most of all, more healthy looking skin.  Well - let's just get through this first, right?  I hope you have increased healing and success with your issues!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin