Respected Contributor

Re: Guthy Renker/QVC/ChazDean.com

I also started WEN with GR. I am able to use the remoist with no problems and still have some SAM and POM. I started to experiment with Q TT remoist first and have now bought the 8oz in all 3 formulas. I haven't noticed it is better but it does take less to get the same results. The main reason I quit GR was all the kits and TSVs. There are a few issues of packaging from GR that I prefer. The tall skinny bottles of remoist and SC in a tube that you can toss into a vanity counter drawer. I am surprised at that difference in LAV. I can't use LAV so I didn't ever notice. I also had no issues whatsoever when I quit. I just think I can manage my costs better when I don't have an auto ship coming every time I turn around. Plus some of the sizes are not the same at GR. That tube of SC, for instance, is only 4oz.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

jmm113, welcome to Wen and welcome to the wen forum!! Smile

After I had been using Wen for a while, I crunched all the numbers for the various QVC Wen specials to come up with the best product values. For easy access, these two links are also in post #3 of the Wen 101 thread:

* TSVs - best price values for Wen products -- Wen TSVs going back to December 2009 -- items in TSV kits and prices

* Wen - Cleansing Conditioner Discovery Kits available at QVC -- these sets are regularly available at QVC but some of them have the same type of savings as the TSVs do.

Best of luck!!!

-- bebe Smile

Super Contributor

Great, now I am really tempted by GR! LOL. Where do you guys find the deals? I know they have a FB page, but do they send deals in email or are they on a website?

Respected Contributor

Once you join the club and get a kit, you receive their catalog and they send you flyers when're there is a deal. They also have a website that you can order through. I alwYs would just call on the phone to customize my next order once I decided what I wanted. They are at wen.com.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Occasional Contributor

On 4/15/2014 HonnyBrown said:

I love GR! They are my primary source for Wen. I order the 32 ounce sizes or the CC kits from QVC.

I have used ReMoist both from GR and from QVC. I prefer the GR ReMoist because the moisture lasts longer, and it makes my hair very soft.

My first order from GR, I used a Visa gift card. I read too many negative reviews about Wen and GR (including how it turned someone's braces green), but I personally have had nothing but good experiences with them.

If you cancel your account, you can always reactivate it. Also, their awesome Customer Service is very accommodating if you need to change your autodelivery or your kits or anything.

The CCs work the same. GR has better pricing (after all of their discounts and promotions), but QVC offers more products and sizes.

With GR, I have gotten 12 ounce CC freebies, free shipping for life, and various promotions and discounts.

My (minor) complaint about GR: my second review on a Wen product, I gave it 5 stars. When I looked at it later, I was considered a "Top 500 Reviewer." After 2 reviews?

You can always call the salon and ask about the differences in the products. I posted the question on their FB page, and they removed it.

HonnyBrown, how did you get free shipping for life from GR???

I just got my kit from GR yesterday, and I was surprised that they sent the 4oz bottle of SC and a 4oz RM plus the two 16oz CC's. I was thinking the SC would be the smaller 2oz and I wasn't sure what size to expect for the RM. Also the price for all 4 items was $89.95 before shipping and tax. I did compare my TT CC that came from Chaz's website to the TT CC that was sent by GR and the ingredients are different. The smell and results were the same though.

Occasional Contributor

On 4/15/2014 Hilary77 said: The remoist is different through GR than QVC. I have also noticed that the lavender cc from GR is soy based. The QVC version of lavender is wheat based. I'm sure there are probably other differences, but these are the only ones I have noticed myself.

I didn't realize their LAV was soy based! The first bottle of WEN I got was the LAV from GR and it didn't work too well on my hair. I figured I just wasn't a LAV girl. I'm going to check out the ingredients in it as soon as I get home today.

Esteemed Contributor

GR likes to keep their customers happy. The free shipping for life came in an email when it was time to change my kit.

The samples that they send out are 12 ounce bottles.

The autodelivery can go once a month to once every 5 months.

They send out coupons very frequently (usually 20% off).

If you cancel, you can reactivate your account later.

I have nothing bad to say about GR!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Occasional Contributor

I'm going to call up their customer service and ask them about the free shipping. That would be awesome if they offer it to me! Smiley Happy HonnyBrown, how long have you been with GR?

Esteemed Contributor

I've been with GR since September. I hope they offer it to you as well. They really do try to keep their customers happy!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

Well how does WEN manage to have different formulas of the same product, sold through different venues? Doesn't that get awfully confusing for them, and the customers too?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead