Honored Contributor

Guess Who Shopped For Drugstore Makeup Today? :)

Made a trip to WM and walked.  I regretted it the minute I got a buggy.  Knee replacement knee wasn't bad but the other knee was hurting pretty bad.  Bad enough for drugs and ice Smiley Sad  I'm not ready for this one to go south this soon.

I bought

Milani Silky Matte Bronzing Powder, Sun Light...It's not this yellow irl.

Milani Silky Matte Bronzing Powder, Sun Light

and 

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Up to 24H Fresh Wear Soft Matte Bronzer, Light Medium, 0.31 oz

Couldn't make up my mind between this one and the color 250.  I think this is the bronzer a lot of YTers are talking about right now.  Is it new(ish)?

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Up to 24H Fresh Wear Soft Matte Bronzer, Light Medium, 0.31 oz

I looked for the NYX "This is Milky" lipglosses.  Glad they didn't have it.  One more lipgloss and I don't think I could get my vanity drawer closed Smiley Surprised

And a package of lashes.  New style.

KISS Lash Couture LuXtensions Fake Eyelashes Multipack, 4 Pairs

Honored Contributor

Re: Guess Who Shopped For Drugstore Makeup Today? :)

@monicakm 

Don't over do it & hurt yourself.  You can still shop online!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Thank you @SurferWife  I just went there for a Father's Day card and gift but you know how that goes Smiley Surprised  No one walks into WM and comes out with only what they went in for Smiley Surprised

I've known the other knee was going to need replaced too but NOT so soon!  I've got to give the one just replaced a full year before considering the other one.

Hope you're doing well.  Still coming home this summer?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

I have to keep reminding myself this Sunday is Father's Day.  My daddy passed away in 1997 & my husband's daddy passed away this past January, so we no longer have anyone to buy cards for. 😥😥😥😥

Anyhoo, not sure about trips yet.  We have some ideas of where we want to go, but no firm plans yet.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

I'm sorry Smiley Sad 

My dad will be 88 next month.  He has dementia now.  Not sure he knows my husband.  He never calls him by his name but will ask me 10x "how is your husband?"  He asks me if I have any children.  I think he knows who I am.  Our conversations are usually me reminding him of the past.  He seems to like that.  When my husband and I leave from their house, mom says he always says, "they are so nice".  He recently asked my daughter if she would marry him Smiley Surprised  And he tells me "you get prettier every time I see you" Smiley Happy  For the most part he's very kind and gentle, happy, off in his own little world but every great once in awhile he can get out of control.  Mom will try to catch it early enough and call me.  As soon as I show up, he settles down.  I've never seen him in that state but there is nothing mom or my brother can do.  Those times are far and few between tho.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

I'm so sorry to hear that.  I can only imagine how hard it is having someone you love so much live with dementia.  Bless his heart.  It sounds like your presence keeps him calm. I hope he finds comfort in your visits. ❤️

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Thank you again my fellow Texan Smiley Happy  We haven't always gotten along this good.  He is military thru and thru.  You can take the Major out of the army but you can't take the army out of the Major.  But when I left home to go to college and then married, the dynamics change (as is normal) but he still wanted to control me.  We butted heads a LOT.  Now we're making up for lost time Smiley Happy  We enjoy each other's company.  He'll ask me the same questions several times during a visit.   I'll remind about past (positive) events.  He still has a good appetite.  Mom said that sometimes he has to ask her "where is the kitchen?" or "where is the garage?" Smiley Sad  He just recently had his drivers license RENEWED Smiley Surprised  Whaaaat???

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm ,You never said who shopped for drugstore makeup. Woman LOL <jk> 

Sorry to hear about your father. It must be difficult to deal with a situation like that. 

How do you like the Milani and L'oreal bronzers? Have you used them yet? As I've mentioned before, I use Physicans Formula Butter Bronzer, which is very good. 

Take care of yourself. Maybe you need to do more online shopping rather than stores. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@monicakm I'm sorry to hear about your Dad.  Luckily, I never had to deal with that, but did have a couple of ladies I sang with in choir that did and both had major problems dealing with them.  One lady's husband became violent and the home he was in kicked him out.  I don't know how she dealt with him. She was a small lady. 

I've never completely given up drugstore makeup.  Mostly, it's eye makeup, but sometimes a lippie.  I have a No 7 foundation I'll wear occasionally on a no makeup day for shopping or something.  It's got that yellow undertone I don't like, but it's better if I add a lightening drop to it.  Usually, I'll pick drugstore brands at Ulta.  Since I don't wear makeup on a daily basis, I don't need to change it up a lot.  I have my favorite Tarte blush, so I'm not tempted to try anything else unless I can't get that one anymore when I run out.  I think I saw my shade a couple of weeks ago when I was in Ulta. That's good since I'm beginning to see the bottom of the pan peeking through.  I should probably go ahead and pick one up next time I'm in, but I know there's a lot of use still left in it.  I'm pretty set on my basics and don't switch them up.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - I love the Milani bronzer.  I have it in Sun Kissed and its the one I reach for over my Charlotte Tillbury and my Juna's Place bronzers.  I've seen a couple YTers talk about the L'Oreal one and have thought at some point - when I'm done with my current stash of bronzers - I may try it.  Let us know how you like them!

On another note, I was sorry to hear about your dad.  I'm sure its difficult for all of you.  My father passed in 2012 so I do tend to forget about Father's Day.