Trusted Contributor

Re: Guess Who Shopped For Drugstore Makeup Today? :)

[ Edited ]

@monicakm I've been wondering how you're doing with your new knee! Healing takes a few months, and after about a year you'll be surprised how far you've come. I waited a year in-between knee replacements. The surgeon thought I could have waited a little longer, maybe only a year or so though, but I wanted it done and behind me. Plus I needed my parents' help and they were very elderly. We talked very openly about it.

My dad was 94 when he passed away in October. We were extremely close. He was pretty sharp but had some other health issues. This weekend is hard, but not like the holidays.

Take good care of yourself and do something special! And ice can still be your good friend!

And you're a wonderful daughter!

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife @These days are really tough when you're going through loss. I'm so sorry.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm @When I saw the title of this post and that YOU were the author, I was glad I was sitting down!!!😜😆

Honored Contributor

I have no idea who that woman was that looked at drugstore makeup Smiley Surprised  I don't remember buying any but it was in my basket.  I think she just thru them in there (g)  

I haven't used either product yet.  I may use the Loreal tomorrow when we go to mom and dad's for FD.

Caring for and living with someone with dementia is like taking care of a (full grown) 175lb child.  Of course I'm not there 24/7 like mom and my brother and I don't see the worst of it.  It seems like he's able to control a lot of it when my husband and I are there.  

I didn't know much about the disease before dad was diagnosed.  If someone would have drilled me on what I knew, I wouldn't have thought someone with his intelligence level could have been affected.  Don't ask me why I thought that, I just did.  It was a shock to watch him decline mentally and emotionally.  He is a full time job for mom.  The VA will come to their house and do some "light" housework and cook meals but mom is so finicky/picky, she runs everyone off that shows up.  She's happy with the current lady but she's only been there one time.  If history repeats it's self like it has 20+ times, she'll run her off too Smiley Sad  Mom's mental state is declining as well.   

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   I'm sad to hear abt yr Dad.  Will he let  you hug him?  I hope so!  That is wonderful.. cause there comes a time where ya cant *hug Dad* anymore.  I've not seen the violence that ppl tell me about dementia patients.. but sounds NOT GOOD!

I hope you enjoyed your WM trip!  and newest "toys"  Woman Happy

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell 

Yes, he let's me hug him and he tells me he loves me.  If he gets to where he doesn't know who I am, that's sad but understandable.  I've heard of some people getting angry over it Smiley Surprised  How do you get angry that someone has a mental illness that keeps them from knowing who you are? Smiley Sad

I've seen, at least once, someone dragging a cart behind them while on a motorized cart.  I'd surely have a wreck if I tried to do that Smiley Surprised  I waited longer than I should have to ride on a motorized buggy.  I hate it.  It's embarrassing to me.  I'll just keep doing a pick up order a little longer.  

WHERE IS COSTCO???????????

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 

That's too funny!  I promise not to make a habit of it (g)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   You had quite the hauI!  Enjoy

I recently purchased: 

L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect 4-in-1 Tinted Face Balm Foundation, Light 20.

I had watched a video that Hot & Flashy  did on products  she used.  The color is just awful.  I thought the IT cosmetics foundation I had was bad, but this one is worse.  I purchased light, it is not light, but a very odd color.  This is one reason I go to a make up counter to get a color match for foundation.
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Smiley Sad

For the amt of makeup I have purchased online from Sephora, my track record has been really good at ordering the right shade the first time.  Did you order online or pick it up at the store?  It would be nice if drugstore makeup gave a good description of the color like the higher end makeup companies do.  Sorry it didn't work out for you Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@monicakm   You had quite the hauI!  Enjoy

I recently purchased: 

L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect 4-in-1 Tinted Face Balm Foundation, Light 20.

I had watched a video that Hot & Flashy  did on products  she used.  The color is just awful.  I thought the IT cosmetics foundation I had was bad, but this one is worse.  I purchased light, it is not light, but a very odd color.  This is one reason I go to a make up counter to get a color match for foundation.

@Mom2Dogs - I also bought that recently.  Put it on once and in the trash it went.  Not worth sending back to Amazon.  I thought the texture was awful and it didn't last but a few hours on me and that was with a primer.  Can't remember what shade I purchased or what I thought of the color.