Honored Contributor

Gua Sha, Dry Brush and Collagen Peptids Arrived Today

Looking forward to watching some tutorials on using the gua sha and dry brush to help with lymphatic drainage.  

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Honored Contributor

Re: Gua Sha, Dry Brush and Collagen Peptids Arrived Today

@monicakm   I've been dry brushing for many years....before bath or shower, begin at feet and work upwards, arms and leg, etc., always towards your heart. After showering, use a deep, penetrating body moisturizer.

I do lymphatic drainage on my face with a massage using  my fingers when I apply moisturizers or oils. It's not necessary to do every day and no special "tools" are needed just work smoothly and slowly in an upward motion....eyes, jawline, neck, cheeks...Use the tips of your fingers and a light pressure working up to a heavier pressure in a few weeks.

With both dry brushing and lymphatic drainage, it's beneficial to drink lots of water afterwards to flush out any toxins. 

Probably more than you wanted to know, but hope this answers some of your questions.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus @I actually would like to know more if you have time.  What do you use on your body and what sort of motion on you face?  
@Shanus @monicakm  You are two of my favorites to read in this section.  
Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Shanus   I appreciate your feedback.  No, it's not more than I wanted to know.  It's things I need to know.  Didn't know about the water.  Haven't come across that yet.   I'm more likely to do this if I have a fancy tool to use (g)  I've read there are benefits to using a jade or rose quartz gua sha but I've already dropped this stainless one two times.  So it's stainless for my clumsy hands!

Honored Contributor

Thank you @nyc1  What a nice compliment Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@Shanus @I actually would like to know more if you have time.  What do you use on your body and what sort of motion on you face?  
@Shanus @monicakm  You are two of my favorites to read in this section.  
Thank you. 

@nyc1   Hi. For the face, use a light pressure with tips of the fingers after applying oil of your choice. On eyes, work from the temples inward, throat gets massaged upward, jaw gets upward motions, too. Basically, you want to move everything upward (too bad doesn't stay there 😂), above brows towards the hairline, etc. I usually use gentle pressure with thumbs and forefingers for smaller areas and thumbs with all fingers for jaw, cheekbones upward. Apply enough oil and add as needed so fingers slide gently.