Honored Contributor

Re: Grrrr - Yet another facial moisturizer I like discontinued!!!! :-(

Regarding my facial moisturizer issue --- here's a question for everyone ---??

Since I can no longer find my Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Lotion ---- here's what I'm wondering and I'd like your opinion ---

The Eucerin Q10 Cream for the face is too heavy for me but I bought a jar of it any way because I like the Q10 feature.  I then bought a bottle of the Eucerin face lotion which is unscented and has a sunscreen in it.

Do you think I can kind of mix a bit of both on the back of my hand to kind of thin the cream out before applying to my face so the cream it's not so heavy and then still get the benefit of the Q10???

I have never mixed face creams and lotions before so didn't know if this would be a problem??I thought since they are both Eucerin and fragrance free that maybe this would work!

Thanks for your input!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 Have  you tried any of the La Roche Posay products? I hear the Double Repair one is good. I don't know if you are normal, oily, or dry. I am getting ready to try one in this brand for dry skin. Some dermatologist highly recommend it.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   I know what you mean. I loved Secret Sauce (by IT Cosmetics) and felt I had found my "holy grail".....then....they changed it.  They also increased the price! I have been on the hunt ever since for a moisturizer for dry skin that leaves a glow to my skin but doesn't cost a fortune! Besides the La Roche Posay, I am trying Cetaphil Deep Hydration Healthy Glow. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

What do you have to lose...give it a try since you have the products. You may have to play with the ratio of the cream and lotion that'll suit you but geez, why not give it a shot? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd suggest applying to a damp face, which is suggested by many. It may be easier to mix in a small container with a small beauty spatula or demi spoon etc.

This may just work. Or not... to your satisfaction, as you continue to your search for the original dc'd lotion and/or    another suitable alternative. Haven't many fine products, lotions, potions and more started with an idea such as yours! 🤔😚😊

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Regarding my facial moisturizer issue --- here's a question for everyone ---??

Since I can no longer find my Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Lotion ---- here's what I'm wondering and I'd like your opinion ---

The Eucerin Q10 Cream for the face is too heavy for me but I bought a jar of it any way because I like the Q10 feature.  I then bought a bottle of the Eucerin face lotion which is unscented and has a sunscreen in it.

Do you think I can kind of mix a bit of both on the back of my hand to kind of thin the cream out before applying to my face so the cream it's not so heavy and then still get the benefit of the Q10???

I have never mixed face creams and lotions before so didn't know if this would be a problem??I thought since they are both Eucerin and fragrance free that maybe this would work!

Thanks for your input!!! 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS 

Thank you for your tips!  I am going to try them!  Here goes nothing!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin