Respected Contributor

Is there a secret to grow it out before it drives you mad and you cut it? When the hair is so long its in your eyes but too short to side sweep?

Super Contributor

I did it once then decided I look better with bangs and cut them back. LOL. I trained mine to follow the side part I do with my hair and when they got long enough I would use a bobbi pin to hold them. I'd just secure it where my longer hair would hid the bobbi pin. Good luck:-) You can also pin them back. I've seem women do that too.

Regular Contributor

I've been growing mine in over the winter. This time, for reasons I can't say, I haven't had any problems. I seemed to have gotten to the side sweep pretty fast. Of course, my hairdresser knew my objective and maybe it has something to do with the way she was cutting the bangs as we swept to the side. Hang in there, its doable.

Regular Contributor
I just pulled them to one side and used a clip or bobby pin. Sometimes I would take them back with my fingers and then then use a clip on top my head. Probably sounds weird but I've seen many women do this with all types of bangs. Some may be growing theirs out and others are already long. One thing I can say is I'm so glad I did it. It was worth it. And once they get long enough, like a little above your chin, you can style them in toward your face. Kinda like Jennifer aniston. Right now, if I pull my bangs straight they will reach the bottom of my neck. That's where they start to angle in. My length right now is about three inches past my bra strap. I'm shooting for waist. Good luck. You can do it! I'm very challenged when it comes to styling my hair and growing my bangs out wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It wasn't a walk in the park but not too bad. And I'm real sorry this isn't broken up into paragraphs. I'm on my phone and I will make new paragraphs but it still comes out in one big one! I hate that!
Super Contributor

Spooky! I've got the Jennifer Aniston style, love it! KC, maybe if you feather them to the side it might help.

Esteemed Contributor

Old fashioned bobby pins! The least obtrusive way to pin them back. Or get a cute sparkle barrette and just pin back one side.

I look good with or without them. Right now it's without, Just long enough to tuck behind my ears. But if I let it all hang down, I look good that way, too. (Just not used to having hair hanging all around my face.)

I keep contemplating cutting them again, only I would miss the length I have now. But I had bangs for years and years.

Growing them out, though, does require some determination. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
On 8/23/2014 Harpa said:

Old fashioned bobby pins! The least obtrusive way to pin them back. Or get a cute sparkle barrette and just pin back one side.

I look good with or without them. Right now it's without, Just long enough to tuck behind my ears. But if I let it all hang down, I look good that way, too. (Just not used to having hair hanging all around my face.)

I keep contemplating cutting them again, only I would miss the length I have now. But I had bangs for years and years.

Ususlly by the time it gets below my eyes i give up and cut. i am soo weak willed Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/23/2014 kcladyz said:
On 8/23/2014 Harpa said:

Ususlly by the time it gets below my eyes i give up and cut. i am soo weak willed Smiley Sad

Yes, I was like that about a dozen times, until finally, my sticktoitiveness finally stuck! Smiley Happy

Let your bangs hang in there, and they'll grow out sooner than you think!