Respected Contributor

Growing Out Bangs...Ideas Please

I just watched some of the last show selling wigs and all I kept thinking was for once in my life I'd like to grow out my bangs somewhat and see if I could get a updated new look.  I have had bangs since the 3rd grade LOL! 

I was wondering if it was possible to find a small piece of hair to go just in front to blend in and get the look while I try to grow mine out??

Any suggestions on where I could find something like that??

Honored Contributor

Re: Growing Out Bangs...Ideas Please

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite wrote:

I just watched some of the last show selling wigs and all I kept thinking was for once in my life I'd like to grow out my bangs somewhat and see if I could get a updated new look.  I have had bangs since the 3rd grade LOL! 

I was wondering if it was possible to find a small piece of hair to go just in front to blend in and get the look while I try to grow mine out??

Any suggestions on where I could find something like that??

@tsavorite  Look up the "Hairdo" brand on QVC.  They have clip-in bang pieces.  I don't have a bang piece, but about a year ago I bought the Style-a-Do and Mini Do set and it's been a great investment for me.  I wear the Style-a-Do often.  The color looks just like my own.

Respected Contributor

But I want to grow out the bangs I aldreay have? how would putting in more bangs achieve this?

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

But I want to grow out the bangs I aldreay have? how would putting in more bangs achieve this?

I'm going by what you asked for, a piece to clip in.  

You might have to play with it, but there might be a way to move your own bangs over and pin them under the fake bangs, until your own bangs are long enough to sweep them over or get them to tuck behind your ear.

Respected Contributor

Oh I see what your saying but the ones on the show seemed kinda short...close to what I have now...perhaps another company has a longer version?? that would be ideal!  Thanks

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

Oh I see what your saying but the ones on the show seemed kinda short...close to what I have now...perhaps another company has a longer version?? that would be ideal!  Thanks

Maybe Tabatha Coffey's Luxhair brand

Respected Contributor

I will check that out....just googled and Paula Youngs came up with something called toppers...looks interesting...this might be kinda fun!!

Honored Contributor

Toppers and wiglets are usually used to add fullness to the crown, so I don't think they would do much to help you grow out bangs.

While you are growing bangs out, you could use hair pins to hide them up and under a clip in bang until they are long enough to pull to one side and clip under some hair on the side of your head.

I find that decorative bobby pins and headbands are the most useful accessories when I'm trying to grow bangs out. I can pull the bangs to the side and put in a pretty pin or pull my bangs back and use a headband to clamp them in place. You can comb hair away from your face, put the headband on the keep the bangs back, then push the band toward your face to achieve some volume at the hairline.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite

I don't have any knowledge about that, but I am a long time bang wearer!  I always think I will grow them out but I just don't like me without them.

However, bangs do grow fast, so why not just let them keep growing and just part them and wear them to the side?  Every time I let mine grow and wear them off to the side, I always get so many compliments.  Once they just keeping growing, they will start blending in more and more.  You could also comb them straight back and wear various bands.  They have soft cloth ones which are very comfortable and tortoise ones which are not cutesy and very classy looking.  

Also, also as they grow longer, you could part in the middle and use a curling iron and make some soft waves and if they don't blend end enough, use some pins the same color as your hair so they don't stand out.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I know there are hair pieces out there that resemble bangs,  but if you want to grow them out I wouldn't suggest doing that. As they grow out you will be able to think about your new look instead of resorting to your old crutch by attaching fake bangs. When I grew out my bangs I used headbands. There are lots of different styles out there. I had to have something to keep them out of my eyes and that was the fastest and easiest solution.