Frequent Contributor

Green St. Tropez Self-Tanner???

Just got my St. Tropez Self-Tanner yesterday and it comes out green!!!!!

Is that how it's supposed to be or is mine defective????

I got the "dark".  Looks awful.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Green St. Tropez Self-Tanner???

Years ago I ordered the Toma Tan from HSN, it was supposed to look like chicolate pudding, but it was green. I called the 800 number and was told not to use it if it had turned green.

Trusted Contributor

That's how the Bare Minnerals was for me.  I used it but I thought it streaked.

Valued Contributor

Please do not use it. Green is when it has expired, even if the date says otherwise. Call CS and tell them. I hope they tell you to throw it away and send you a new one.

Contributor

Unfortunately, that's the color of the "dark" St Tropez. It hasn't gone bad, but yes that's what the guide looks like. It's not attractive, but I'd at least try it and see if after you wash the guide off you get a good color. When you return items it doesn't matter if they're used or not, so you may as well use them and make sure it doesn't work for you. Cosmetic products that have been returned (regardless of usage) will not be able to be resold. I worked in retail for many many years in cosmetics and I would always urge people to actually try it before just returning because we handled returned product all the same regardless of usage.
Respected Contributor

I have used the reg ST Tropez for years!  It is wonderful, but i agree the dark one comes out greenish.. Years ago i tried it & immediately exchanged for my regular shade..

You could try it & see, but i get  great color from the regular shade..

I build mine up every few days & have my "tan" method down pat! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

YES, it IS green.  It is not defective or expired.

Please be very careful using it as it will STAIN!  I had a big plop shoot out and it stained by bathroom rug beyond cleaning.  Had to throw it away.

Good luck with your purchase, I hope it works for you.  I disliked St. Tropez and returned it. It didn't look good on me at all and  I was so worried it would stain my sheets or clothing.