Valued Contributor

And yet once again, those who have an opinion they hold as fact {that women on this thread are lying about their eye color} must come out of the woodwork and tell posters they know about them more than they know themselves.

No wonder this board is held up to such ridicule on other outside boards.

Honored Contributor
<h3>Green</h3>
Green eye.
Green eyes

As in the case of blue eyes, the color of green eyes does not result simply from the pigmentation of the iris. Rather, its appearance is caused by the combination of an amber or light brown pigmentation of the stroma, given by a low or moderate concentration of melanin, with the blue tone imparted by the Rayleigh scattering of the reflected light.[3]

Green eyes probably result from the interaction of multiple variants within the OCA2 and other genes. They were present in south Siberia during the Bronze Age.[52] They are most common in Northern and Central Europe.[53][54] They can also be found in Southern Europe,[49] West Asia, Central Asia, and South Asia. In Iceland, 89% of women and 87% of men have either blue or green eye color.[55] A study of Icelandic and Dutch adults found green eyes to be much more prevalent in women than in men.[56] Among European Americans, green eyes are most common among those of recent Celtic and Germanic ancestry, about 16%.[57]

<h3>Hazel</h3>
Hazel eyes
Hazel eye.

Hazel eyes are due to a combination of Rayleigh scattering and a moderate amount of melanin in the iris' anterior border layer.[4][28] Hazel eyes often appear to shift in color from a brown to a green. Although hazel mostly consists of brown and green, the dominant color in the eye can either be brown/gold or green. This is how many people mistake hazel eyes to be amber and vice versa.[58][59][60][61][62][63][64] This can sometimes produce a multicolored iris, i.e., an eye that is light brown/amber near the pupil and charcoal or dark green on the outer part of the iris (or vice versa) when observed in sunlight.

Definitions of the eye color hazel vary: it is sometimes considered to be synonymous with light brown or gold, as in the color of a hazelnut shell.[58][60][63][65]

Hazel eyes are common throughout Caucasoid populations, in particular in regions where blue, green and brown eyed peoples are intermixed.

<h3>Spectrum of eye color</h3>

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Why are some of you getting so defensive? It is simply a fact that many women who have hazel eyes like to say they have green eyes. I think that it sounds exotic to them. It is a very low % of people who actually have green eyes.

Honored Contributor
On 7/14/2014 happy housewife said:

Why are some of you getting so defensive? It is simply a fact that many women who have hazel eyes like to say they have green eyes. I think that it sounds exotic to them. It is a very low % of people who actually have green eyes.

That's ridiculous. Why would green eyes be considered more exotic than hazel or any other color?

In fact, my son-in-law and little grandson have hazel eyes (that amazing gold/brown/green that's constantly changing), and I think it's gorgeous.

I don't know where you come up with your "simply a fact," nor do I know why you insist on insinuating that others are exaggerating or lying, all the while bragging about your unbelievably rare eye color.

I swear, someone could ask you to pass the salt, and it would quickly devolve into some kind of argument.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Could someone pass me a mirror? I was having dinner with my sisters a few days ago and happened to mention my green eyes. One sister said "You don't have green eyes, they are blue." WHAT??? Now I am uncertain, but I do think I might have chameleon eyes.

Those real eyes are a little creepy. Here is a color contact chart:

Valued Contributor
On 7/14/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 7/14/2014 happy housewife said:

That's ridiculous. Why would green eyes be considered more exotic than hazel or any other color?

In fact, my son-in-law and little grandson have hazel eyes (that amazing gold/brown/green that's constantly changing), and I think it's gorgeous.

I don't know where you come up with your "simply a fact," nor do I know why you insist on insinuating that others are exaggerating or lying, all the while bragging about your unbelievably rare eye color.

I swear, someone could ask you to pass the salt, and it would quickly devolve into some kind of argument.

That's her M.O. She' famous for being a flame thrower and a nasty bully.

Honored Contributor
On 7/14/2014 magicmoodz said:

Could someone pass me a mirror? I was having dinner with my sisters a few days ago and happened to mention my green eyes. One sister said "You don't have green eyes, they are blue." WHAT??? Now I am uncertain, but I do think I might have chameleon eyes.

You're right about my posting of real eye colors. Kind of creepy. But then, some of these contact shades are a bit too unreal. I remember when people were wearing some of these, and you could always tell they were contacts. And some were pretty creepy in a "Children of the Corn way."{#emotions_dlg.scared}

But between the two of us, magicmoodz, at least we've shown what these colors tend to look like.

Trusted Contributor

I use the Almay Intense i-color shimmer kits, they have a lot to choose from for green eyes my family is a mix of Irish and Scottish so we have a lot of blonde hair with green eyes and blue eyes in our family, never thought either color was unusual. I love the smoky look and the pearl and shimmer in the kits especially the plums in these kits.

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/14/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 7/14/2014 magicmoodz said:

You're right about my posting of real eye colors. Kind of creepy. But then, some of these contact shades are a bit too unreal. I remember when people were wearing some of these, and you could always tell they were contacts. And some were pretty creepy in a "Children of the Corn way."{#emotions_dlg.scared}

But between the two of us, magicmoodz, at least we've shown what these colors tend to look like.

Right! Now I need to determine what color my eyes really are! Smile

Honored Contributor

LG pink icing , LG French vanilla highlighter , Stila kitten