Occasional Contributor

Oh and my eyes are truly green. If you are talking 12 % of the population that is still a lot of green eyes.

Valued Contributor
I took a good look at my eyes. They are green with a blue ring around the outside. Would that be considered green?
Super Contributor
On 7/16/2014 Cardamom said: I took a good look at my eyes. They are green with a blue ring around the outside. Would that be considered green?

Yep! (my two fave colors, BTW)

And stunning. 8)

Super Contributor
On 7/15/2014 Feline Fine said:

Love "Musings of a Muse" - thanks for the photos, Sun8shine. 8)

looks like my posts got deleted - which is weird since I was saying that a beauty product that is sold on the Q is pretty.

Whatever - here is the link to the review http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2014/07/tarte-rainforest-dark-eye-cheek-palette-review-swatches.html

There is a new tarte palette sold on the Q that would be pretty with any eye color. I posted a picture and a swatch.

Here is a link to the item on the Q

http://www.qvc.com/tarte-Amazonian-Clay-Rainforest-After-Dark-Face-Palette.product.A255997.html?sc=A...

Valued Contributor
On 7/16/2014 Feline Fine said:
On 7/16/2014 Cardamom said: I took a good look at my eyes. They are green with a blue ring around the outside. Would that be considered green?

Yep! (my two fave colors, BTW)

And stunning. 8)

Thank you Fenline Fine. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor
On 7/15/2014 happy housewife said:

OR - it could simply be that many women who have hazel eyes say they have green eyes. Much more likely explanation.

Oh for heaven's sake, does it really matter!?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Expatgal, look what happened with your thread, lol! Very amusing and informative.

I'm one of those actual green-eyed persons (combo of Magicmoodz, drawn eye post of "Sea green" and "Eden"). My green-eyed father fits the genetic profile of German/Danish/Dutch/Scots/English, so I guess I'm in and less likely delusional.

What I might suggest to you is staying with your taupes and either doing a pop of contrasting color that works for you via eyeliner (purple, blue, green families - Milani's shadow eyez pencil is interesting for this and inexpensive - see MakeupAlley reviews) or doing the same as a "spotlight" shape just over the center of the iris, which looks kinda fun.

Final question: I'm also left-handed, so does that add to the *rareness* of also having green eyes? LOL. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Take care~Peach

Super Contributor
On 7/15/2014 sun8shine said:
On 7/15/2014 happy housewife said:

Only 2% of the worlds population actually have green eyes and they are all congregated here on the QVC BB - how odd is that!

BTW - the eye color that is most common is brown and second most common is hazel.

Hi Happy Housewife,

The world is a very large place. However the QVC board servicing a population located predominantly in the United States is a much smaller pool that contains a much higher percentage of people with the right ancestry to have green eyes. So you can't extrapolate your factoid about the rarest eyecolor into a population with the demographics that have the highest incidence of the rarest color. Get it?

See Demographics below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States

I wonder what I am? I wonder how they came to these conclusions? I'm really a mix. Maybe I'm American. I thought it was odd that it's the US census and only 7.2% American. What makes American different from Native American? Yes I know what Native American is. The US is a melting pot and I thought is was odd to see American listed.

Super Contributor
On 7/14/2014 Andreatoo said:

I think it's a thread about eye make up and no one should have to offer 'proof' or their family tree to legitimize their participation in the thread

Sometimes this forum can really turn things around.

Super Contributor
On 7/14/2014 Moonlady said:
On 7/14/2014 ennui1 said:

"Green eye color is a very likely the rarest eye color in the world. Only very few people are born with green eyes. Green eyes are most common in northern and central Europe."

Do y'all really have green eyes, or are we talking about hazel?

Rare, yes, but not in the same way that blue eyes are (and they're becoming even rarer).

There's just something about blue eyes....

Blue eyes aren't rare. My whole family had them. Even my grand-daughter has blue eyes and her dad has dark brown and her mom has hazel.