Valued Contributor

Chanel has a wonderful duo called Misty Soft {#40}. It is a plum duo, but more blue based than red {which would totally make my eyes water}. It has a paler, shimmery lavender and a deeper, matte burgundy.

Super Contributor
On 7/18/2014 HappyDaze said:

someone mentioned in a thread of mine about the Tarte after dark palette and I though she said there was pictures or swatches or something on this thread because it was good for green eyes but I must have misunderstood. I will google it. I can't buy Tarte but I wanted to see what this palette is like since many seem to like it. Smiley Happy

I mentioned the tarte palette - the shades are more mauve. It is in the new Tarte palette for fall. There is a review and swatches on musings of a muse. Its a blog. She promotes QVC all the time but the webbie is deleting the posts with links.

I agree on the lavenders and any purple really is great. There is a great drugstore product Loreal Infallible (cream long lasting eye color) it is called Liquid Diamond that is a pale lilac gray shimmer that is really pretty and works with many other colors.

Dark blue - especially a deep sapphire blue really make my eyes pop the most though. I like Bobbi Brown in Cobalt Ink. Gold and bronze work well too.

Honored Contributor

My eyes are olive.....and I find all shades from orchid to purple most flattering.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Let's try this again......when you say "lavender", what brand and actual shade? I have a very hard time finding the right one that doesn't make me look washed out or sickly.

Honored Contributor

NYX LIR21 ""Life is a Cha Cha""

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor
On 7/19/2014 expatgal said:

Let's try this again......when you say "lavender", what brand and actual shade? I have a very hard time finding the right one that doesn't make me look washed out or sickly.

I hate to tell you this but I have no clue on the names of the colors. I have 2 giant palettes of eye shadows that I purchased for next to nothing from Ulta around the holidays. They are the store brand and they're highly pigmented and I enjoy playing.quite a few of the options are in the lavender family some shimmer some matte
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. Any cream shadow in lavender anyone loves? I just love cream shadows but lavender shades are hard to come by. I cannot do burgundy or dark purples, they just look like I have a black eye or I am sickly.

Trusted Contributor
On 7/13/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:
On 7/13/2014 expatgal said:

What are your favorite eye shadows? I'm in a taupe rut. Please post brand/color name.

Well taupes and beiges do look very nice on us green-eyed ladies so I can definitely understand the taupe rut. I've gotten into it myself sometimes.

I've found an easy way out of the taupe rut is to go mauve, lavendar, plum.

Today I am wear mineral shadows from Cory and Meow, pretty much like always. The colors vary as I have dozens or hundreds. Not sure really. My Cory and Meow combo today is Glory on a base of Jewel (Cory) with Lazy Days and Twilight (Meow). Purrrrfectly mauvey and gorgeous! Wink

Here's Meow's Lazy Days...

and here's Twilight although Twilight is darker than this in real life...

These are minerals so not the creams someone was asking for.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor
On 7/19/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:
On 7/13/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:
On 7/13/2014 expatgal said:

What are your favorite eye shadows? I'm in a taupe rut. Please post brand/color name.

Well taupes and beiges do look very nice on us green-eyed ladies so I can definitely understand the taupe rut. I've gotten into it myself sometimes.

I've found an easy way out of the taupe rut is to go mauve, lavendar, plum.

Today I am wear mineral shadows from Cory and Meow, pretty much like always. The colors vary as I have dozens or hundreds. Not sure really. My Cory and Meow combo today is Glory on a base of Jewel (Cory) with Lazy Days and Twilight (Meow). Purrrrfectly mauvey and gorgeous! Wink

Here's Meow's Lazy Days...

and here's Twilight although Twilight is darker than this in real life...

These are minerals so not the creams someone was asking for.

I love that first one. What is Meow though?

Trusted Contributor

HappyDaze - Meow = Meow Cosmetics - a small indy online mineral make-up co. The owner's name is Tammy and she has been in business and growing since 2007 or so. Lazy Days in from their Joys of Summer collection which is a limited time seasonal group of shadows and blushes. It came out last year and just made its return earlier this month. I absolutely love it!

But if you are not sure about any of their products or colors, samples are sold in $1.00 plastic baggies with a minimum order of $10. Full size shadows are 5g jars in the $7 to $9 range.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~