Honored Contributor

I have hazel green eyes, and the best colors of shadow and liner for me are in the purple or golden khaki families. I think the same would apply for pure green eyes.

Surprisingly, eyeliners in the khaki family are hard to find, especially liquid liner. The one l had used for years-- Urban Decay "smog"-- was discontinued, and the pencil varieties don't go on dark enough. Woman Frustrated I would think that with all of us hazel green-eyed gals out there, the makeup companies would hear us!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

This is my eye color.  I tend to wear these shades alot.  I also like purples.  

Respected Contributor

Such a beautiful and soft look.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Beautiful! I have green-blue eyes. Some days they look more blue. 

Honored Contributor

The lashes are definitely fake.  You can see where the black band ends towards the inner corner.  And the lashes are perfect, starting from shorter and going out to longer on the edges.  They are beautiful lashes and aren't over the top like some of the falsies.

Her eyes are really pretty.  I love the shadow colors.  

I too have green eyes.  I prefer a shimmery brown or taupe shade of shadow on my eyes as I've gotten older but I use a raisin, aubergine, deeper wine color eyeliner to bring out the green.        

Valued Contributor

I am a hazel eyed girl, very prominently green, with a gold ring around the pupil.  If I wear green clothing in any shade, they really stand out!  I have a hard time with brown/nudes though for eyeshadow they look muddy.  My lids are starting to droop over by the end of the day and you cannot see the shadow and just the brow bone so it just looks odd.  Back during "What Not To Wear", Carmindy showded a few ladies that were green or hazel to wear shades of purple for shadows, and those are my go-to colors for years now.   My DD has hazel eyes too, but predominantly brown with lots of gold flecks throughout.  When she is old enough for makeup it should be fun to teach her how to play them up (naturally not over the top!!)

PS Wish my brows and lashes looked as nice as the model's Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
Some years ago, a drugstore brand came out with a line directed to specific eye colors. I was still working, so it was more than 10 years ago.

That “purple” color what was recommended for my green eyes. Tried it - but I personally prefer a smokey taupe.

@ALRATIBA, it was Almay.  I believe the line was called I-Color.  Like you, I didn't much care for the purple that was recommended but loved the eyeliner recommended for hazel eyes.  

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

GORGEOUS 

I second that!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Beautiful eyes.  I have green eyes, but even with makeup they won't look that good.  Too round.  I don't like purple eye shadow on me, but I do like an eggplant eyeliner which is terribly hard to find especially in a liquid form.

@ECBG I would be willing to bet that is not one eye shadow color, but a blended one.  

Honored Contributor

@Lally wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

Did you know that only 2% of the global population has green eyes?  I'm one.

Wow. That's interesting. Count me as one, too.

I'm always looking for new eyeshadows that enhance green eyes. Some purples shades work for me. Clinique had/has a palette with greens colors. I bought 3 of them way back. I always get remarks about my unusual eye color when I wear it.

@Lally   Using shadow the same color as your eyes draws attention to your lids and not your eyes. Look for a color opposite on the color wheel.