Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:
Some years ago, a drugstore brand came out with a line directed to specific eye colors. I was still working, so it was more than 10 years ago.

That “purple” color what was recommended for my green eyes. Tried it - but I personally prefer a smokey taupe.

@ALRATIBA, it was Almay.  I believe the line was called I-Color.  Like you, I didn't much care for the purple that was recommended but loved the eyeliner recommended for hazel eyes.  

@Lipstickdiva   Instead of a true purple, brighter shade, on my green eyes, I prefer a more subdued shade of heather which has some beige/taupe undertones. Unless you're quite young w/o lines and wrinkles, brighter colors aren't the best choice. 

Esteemed Contributor

Those beautiful eyes remind me of Adele's beautiful eyes. They're made up perfectly.

My DH has pretty green eyes,he skips the makeup,though. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Frequent Contributor

I love my green eyes! They're mostly green but with hints of blue and hazel in them, so the overall look is pure green. I think raisin and aubergine shadows and liners look the best on me. 

I dated two men (separately!) many years ago who both said they had hazel eyes, but what they had were blue-gray. I think the term hazel is misunderstood...

Honored Contributor

The look is pretty but the eyebrows are too overdone for me personally.  The Kardashian/Jenner women like this eyebrow look.  I do like the eye shadow color and how it was applied to the eyes top and bottom.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I have green eyes. I've found that bronze liner instead of black really makes them pop.

I wear a lot of green; all shades. I have very fair pink skin and blonde eybrows and lashes. I wear brown mascara, getting vey hard to find. Black is now too harsh; I just turned seventy six.

Occasional Contributor

I use a bronze eyeliner by Bare Minerals that make my green eyes pop. Along with yellow-based green eyeshadows-too green doesn't work well. I like brown mascara too. Too dark of a black can make your eyes look harsh and aging.

Trusted Contributor
My own eyes are green. True green, bright like a stop and go light green. I have a little yellow around the pupils and a blue ring around the irises. My mother's eyes are gray-blue and father's eyes were brown. My paternal grandmother's eyes were pansy blue ( had a bit of purple in them.) They were lovely. I can wear all colors eyeshadow EXCEPT green. Green eyeshadows make me look haggard. Browns unfortunately look drab on me. I think it's my light neutral coloring. My skin undertone is yellow/neutral but I lean towards cool makeup colors. Especially since my hair is graying. Has graying hair influenced anyone else's makeup choices?
Trusted Contributor
Miss princess, I too have always used copper eyeliners. I just posted about green eyeshadows not working for me as well.