Esteemed Contributor

Re: Green Eyed Beauties

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono 

Very pretty!  My eyes are true green - not hazel or even olive, just all green.  My skin is very pale.  I find that shadows in the lavendar shades do the most for my eyes. 

ETA I think of that model's eyes as hazel rather than green.  My brother's eyes are that exact shade.  We had a mother with blue eyes and a father with hazel eyes.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@lolakimono 

Very pretty!  My eyes are true green - not hazel or even olive, just all green.  My skin is very pale.  I find that shadows in the lavendar shades do the most for my eyes. 

ETA I think of that model's eyes as hazel rather than green.  My brother's eyes are that exact shade.  We had a mother with blue eyes and a father with hazel eyes.

@shoesnbags   My eyes are the same color as the model's.  They are Hazel not really green.  If you look very closely you can see the speck of gold in them.  I was always told to wear lavender shades of eyeshadow to accentuate the green also.  I like the shadow on this girl too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono 

Those eyes are a beautiful green. They're not hazel, but the minute some people spot a bit of amber or brown, that's what they call them.

Anyway, I like that eyeshadow. I do prefer purple shades with green eyes. I'm a huge fan of color lol and I think violet is striking with green or even blue-green eyes, so I'm a fan when I see it. Look how pretty:

tumblr_pf3jq1QNNi1qesrs5o2_1280.jpg

violeteyeshadow_large@2x.jpg

I happen to have the second color shadow, and it looks nice even though my eyes are distinctly blue.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pretty eye color. I am not sure about the eye brows as they seem to made up for me (I could not or would not wear the look) but then I have hair for my eyebrows and they still look good after all these years  --- they only need a little fill in. She applied her eye shadow nicely, not overdone.   The model is also wearing false eye lashes.

My eye color is gray.  It depends on what I am wearing and the color of my eyes change to blue, or green or stay gray.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My brother has green eyes. I have blue. My two sisters have brown like our parents.

Honored Contributor

It is truly stunning!  Of course, the long lashes really help.  It's not over the top though, which I really like. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
Some years ago, a drugstore brand came out with a line directed to specific eye colors. I was still working, so it was more than 10 years ago.

That “purple” color what was recommended for my green eyes. Tried it - but I personally prefer a smokey taupe.
Honored Contributor

My eyes are olive/army green. Although the shades of purple/lavender look well, you have to be sure to use a dark liner and black mascara or you chance looking like a rabbit. I usually dip into lavender and then a bit into a pale neutral beige tone to avoid that. Lately, I've gotten into apricot shades w/ green eyes. Natural looking and the green really pops. 

Colors of shadow also depends on age. I tend to go neutral all over the lid and a hint of color in outer v shape and/or underneath the other third. Sometimes you can just see eyeshadow before you see the eyes. That's when you know it's over the top.

Valued Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Did you know that only 2% of the global population has green eyes?  I'm one.

Wow. That's interesting. Count me as one, too.

I'm always looking for new eyeshadows that enhance green eyes. Some purples shades work for me. Clinique had/has a palette with greens colors. I bought 3 of them way back. I always get remarks about my unusual eye color when I wear it.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Love her lashes!

Do you know the color and brand of shadow please?

@ECBG 

I see a few things, but they seem to be Bobbi Brown-

BOBBI BROWN The Mattes Edition Eyeshadow & Gel Liner Palette, Main, color, 000

Bark-