Esteemed Contributor

Great way to use your entire makeup collection

Are you one to have so much makeup that you feel it is just laying around and your not using it. I got this idea off of Emily Noel. So I am going to get a small basket. I am going to put one of everything in it. For a entire week I am only going to use those items in that basket. Then the following week I am going to put those items away and grab some different items. This should be fun. I can't wait to see how it goes.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Great way to use your entire makeup collection

@ccassaday

Sounds like a fun concept but I already have to much  open makeup and don't want to open anything else.

Let us know how it works for you!!!!

Honored Contributor

I could go a year without wearing the same stuff twice...................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Sounds like a cool idea.  I just may give that a try also. 

Bookbabe

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@ccassaday

Sounds like a fun concept but I already have to much  open makeup and don't want to open anything else.

Let us know how it works for you!!!!

Try it with just your eyeshadow and blushes. That's mainly what I will do. But may switch a foundation not sure yet.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm almost embaressed to admit that wouldn't work for me. I'd have only 2 baskets with one eye shadow pallette, liner, brow pencil,mascara and bronzer in one along with a basket containing 4 lipsticks, 2 blushes and 2 foundations that I wear only when I'm going out in the evening depending on whether it's fall/winter or spring/summer.

Honored Contributor

I have a little bit more skincare than I need but not enough to do this. I'm doing better using them up one at a time. 

Don't really have any extra makeup. I've got a nice variety of eyeshadows but I'd never put any of it away. I'm always experimenting and finding new combos.

Esteemed Contributor

Lol - I guess that's one way! Maybe another idea is to find makeup that works and don't keep buying more. I remember going through an open house a few years ago and couldn't believe all of the makeup the woman had in the bathroom. She obviously had a very patient significant other to put up with it! But, to each her own...!

Esteemed Contributor

Don't get me wrong I love all my makeup. And it's fun trying new stuff. It's One of my favorite things to do is sit and take my time with my makeup and have fun. I have a lot but it's not really overboard.

Right now I don't really have a place to sit and do my makeup. I am disabled and it's a pain in the but to ask my mom to drag out my makeup cube. So I was trying to figure out a way I can use it more. So I thought I could put stuff in a small basket then after a week switch it so I wasn't asking her to drag out my makeup cube. We will be moving next year so I can't wait to have space for my stuff.