Respected Contributor

Great information on how to use Retin-A.........

If your interested is using prescription Retin-A this is one of the best informative videos I have watched. Here's the link to the video: https://youtu.be/fPOUsy_3B1E
Trusted Contributor

Re: Great information on how to use Retin-A.........

wrote:
If your interested is using prescription Retin-A this is one of the best informative videos I have watched. Here's the link to the video: https://youtu.be/fPOUsy_3B1E

@Naturesbeautyhe is on now as I type. He's very informative!! on many levels we need him on Beaity IQ Smiley Wink.

Wish I could use Retin-A but it is too much even low dose .25

Scared it may thin my skin too.

I'm doing good with just mild lactic or mixed acid or peel weekly.

Maybe I will go back to a retinol - really a good one soon (again) tried sooo many times. Just dislike using a retinol and an aha/lactic acid/or bha mix since I don't want to disrupt and do too much to my skin. It's thinner with age at 61 now :/

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Woman HappyGreat post, Love Mojitos, thank you very much!  L <3

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cat HappyMar5775, I agree w/ you! L <3

Contributor

Thank you for this link.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

@Naturesbeautyhe is on now as I type. He's very informative!! on many levels we need him on Beaity IQ Smiley Wink.

Maybe I will go back to a retinol - really a good one soon (again) tried sooo many times. Just dislike using a retinol and an aha/lactic acid/or bha mix since I don't want to disrupt and do too much to my skin. It's thinner with age at 61 now :/

Retin-A will not thin the skin. It does just the opposite by allowing the skin to build collagen by inhibiting the enzyme matrix metalloproteinase which breaks down collagen leading to thinner and more wrinkled skin.

Thank you for the video @Naturesbeauty. I enjoyed watching and found it very informative.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Retin-A will not thin the skin. It does just the opposite by allowing the skin to build collagen by inhibiting the enzyme matrix metalloproteinase which breaks down collagen leading to thinner and more wrinkled skin.

@SilleeMee  Exactly. My skin is not thin at all...used it for several decades on face, neck, chest and back of hands. Not sure if video mentioned spf, but Retin A will make skin more sun sensitive.

Respected Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

Thanks for posting this link. I don’t use Retin-A, but I see he has other informative skin care videos (and an online store).  

The video on applying Vitamin C is different from      anything I have seen before. I am going to try his method.

Valued Contributor

@Naturesbeauty  Thank you so much for sharing that video! It was very informative.

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty- Thanks for posting the video.  I watched and subscribed.  Being a long term Retin A user, I'm always wanting to learn more.  I went to the doctor recently and got my Retin A (tretinoin) script renewed and this time I unknowingly got the gel instead of the cream.  I know the gel is a "stronger" delivery method and hoping it's not too drying for my skin.  I actually ran out of my script a few months ago so I'm glad to start using it again.