Honored Contributor

Re: Great find for a dollar!

@LavernLuvsShoes 

To those who turn up their noses at Dollar Tree, I say, "Cool, more for me" Smiley LOL

LOLOL!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Lipstickdiva et al:

This is cracking me up!  My mother, daughter and husband (aunt when she's visiting from WV) are all big Dollar Store fans.  They love their DS and DT  treasures.  I'm not a fan.  Think what you will, it's probably right Smiley Surprised

Sometimes I'll see something I like a mom's and say "oh I love this, where did you find it?".  I can't tell express to you how much joy she gets from telling me it's from the Dollar Store! Smiley Surprised LOL  I have one of those treasures on my desk as I type.  It's a battery operated light fixture.  She got one for my dad and I loved it!  She went to 3 DS' to find one for me.  

@monicakm , Dollar Tree is the one I like.  I don't care for Family Dollar nor do I like Dollar General.  Except for the Believe line of beauty products. Some of those are good and exclusive to DG.  LOL  

Trusted Contributor

Hard to find a place where things are not made in China, if that is what you are referring to. If you can list brands of things similar to the things DT carries that are made in the USA please post them since many would love to know!🤗 I will be the first to purchase them. 

Trusted Contributor

I would have never given the solar lights a second look, but if they actually work for a long time I may have to try them. Some expensive ones we have used were a real disappointment.

Trusted Contributor

As I stated, my original post was about handsoap but now seems to have taken on a mind of its own....

Trusted Contributor

Dollar Tree has a good website. It is mostly for commercial orders since you must order a minimal amount of each item...but the site also has some good posts about DYI projects, etc. You can also see a lot of the products the carry in the stores. 

Respected Contributor

Dollar General is based in Tenessee.

Dollar Tree based in Virginia.

Dollar Tree purchased  the Family Dollar stores.

We had Family Dollar in my town, overpriced junk. Then Dollar General came in. Nothing they sell is $1. 

I like Dollar Tree better.

Trusted Contributor

Our Dollar Tree carries some food products from Canada.

I've easily bought those canned soup items without problems.

As for food products, I buy their bagged and boxed candy, canned soup, canned veggies, canned baked beans, boxed cereal, toaster pastries, and frozen food items, plus their bottled drinks, water, and soda. 

I'll do the same at our Dollar General stores where I'll buy refrigerated foods if we're there and I'm looking for something convenient to make for dinner, for example.

As I mentioned before, I'll also buy their canned and boxed foods, too. Their store brands are very good.

They also carry their own line of beauty products where nothing costs more than $5.00.

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover 

It's the nature of long threads.  When I see one that's gotten really long, it's a dead giveaway that the topic has gone OFF topic Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

Dollar General is based in Tenessee.

Dollar Tree based in Virginia.

Dollar Tree purchased  the Family Dollar stores.

We had Family Dollar in my town, overpriced junk. Then Dollar General came in. Nothing they sell is $1. 

I like Dollar Tree better.

Yes, @CatsyCline ,

I think people might confuse that.         Neither Family Dollar nor Dollar General are $1.00 stores.

They are more like the old five & dimes, with an assortment of inexpensive, useful, everyday stuff.

Family dollar sells some clothing.

All low priced, but not limited to one dollar.

Dollar Tree is every item is $1.00, with an occasional exception like Libby canned veg 79¢, or something at two for a dollar.