Honored Contributor

Re: Great find for a dollar!

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't purchase food from the Dollar Tree.  Some things you really have to watch.  It's also my understanding that some of the toothpaste they sell isn't ADA approved.  It might be Colgate, Crest, etc. but it's not the same as what you find in other stores.

Some of the items that are there are discontinued or the packaging changed.  I have found Wet n Wild make-up there that is getting hard to find elsewhere. 

Some of the best finds there are cards and gift bags.  There is no need to spend $5.00 + on gift bags.  They also often have fabulous seasonal decor items.  The majority of my fall decor items were from Dollar Tree.  

It's also a great place to buy serving bowls, plates, etc. if you are having a party.  They are cheap and I can just toss them and not worry about clean-up for certain items.

I think we share the same shopping list @Lipstickdiva .  Stopped by there at lunch last Thurs. and bought my granddaughter's upcoming gift bag and birthday card.  Always use the Dollar Tree for taking food items to family events ect.....

The only eye infection I have ever had was just after using some eyeshadow I bought at the Dollar Store about 15 years ago.  Never ever again.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Am a regular shopper at DT, especially cards and gift bags but also cleaning supplies, cotton candy and other boxes of candy ( love Good n Plenty).  Also occasionally take Grands there to spend their allowances and chore money ( they love it).  Also routinely buy Christmas and 4th of July decor ( usually buy a dozen Glow Sticks for kids to use in our pool -- there are usually restrictions on fireworks so these make a great substitute).

Respected Contributor

Yes, cleaning products like little scrub brushes. Buy one there for $1 or walk across the parking lot to Target for $5. Especially if needed for a specific product and just one use. Or that black electric tape you'll only use once. 

But one of my best finds are when they carry the 2 gallon plastic ziploc bags. You may only get five or six in a box, but how often do you need bags that large? Fraction of the price of a box of Hefty. Sometimes they even have 2.5 gallon bags. I don't just use them in the kitchen, where they're good for marinading or brining, but also packing and storing flat items.

And I agree with everyone that it's a great place for gift bags, gift card boxes, and ribbons and bows.

Honored Contributor

I have not been since this covid virus hit,but always use to get cards from there,and some batteries,pepsodent tooth paste.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@ID2 

So is a bag of Fritos or a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup made at a different (less desirable) location than the same items found at WM or your local grocery store?

Valued Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Yes, cleaning products like little scrub brushes. Buy one there for $1 or walk across the parking lot to Target for $5.

But one of my best finds are when they carry the 2 gallon plastic ziploc bags. 

And I agree with everyone that it's a great place for gift bags, gift card boxes, and ribbons and bows.

Yes, yes, and YES...

Dollar Tree rocks! - Again, why pay $5 for a greeting card, when you can get 2 for $1 there?

I'll pick up a bag of chips, or some Nabs, and a few candy bars every now and then, too - Plus, Hubby goes through ketchup like it's water, and they carry Hunts Ketchup, so I'll stock up on that as well.

I go thru tissues like crazy (due to allergies), so I also stock up on boxes of Scotties at $1 each as opposed to buying them at a grocery or drug store.

To those who turn up their noses at Dollar Tree, I say, "Cool, more for me" Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Am a regular shopper at DT, especially cards and gift bags but also cleaning supplies, cotton candy and other boxes of candy ( love Good n Plenty).  Also occasionally take Grands there to spend their allowances and chore money ( they love it).  Also routinely buy Christmas and 4th of July decor ( usually buy a dozen Glow Sticks for kids to use in our pool -- there are usually restrictions on fireworks so these make a great substitute).

@patbz totally forgot about the Glow Sticks.  I bought them once for my nieces and now they are a must have.  I better have glow sticks with me whenever I come in the door or I have 2 little girls giving me the side eye.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva et al:

This is cracking me up!  My mother, daughter and husband (aunt when she's visiting from WV) are all big Dollar Store fans.  They love their DS and DT  treasures.  I'm not a fan.  Think what you will, it's probably right Smiley Surprised

Sometimes I'll see something I like a mom's and say "oh I love this, where did you find it?".  I can't tell express to you how much joy she gets from telling me it's from the Dollar Store! Smiley Surprised LOL  I have one of those treasures on my desk as I type.  It's a battery operated light fixture.  She got one for my dad and I loved it!  She went to 3 DS' to find one for me.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love Dollar Tree. 💚💲🌳

Everyone in my area just calls it "dollar store".

I buy items in nearly all sections of dollar store.

I only want small amounts of some things. Dollar store was the only placed I found plain ol' Domino granulated sugar in a one pound package. Perfect! That'll last a year or more for me.☺

My latest dollar store food find is a 5oz slab of Lakeview Pepperjack cheese. It's made in Utah, for the poster who wanted to know. 

Esteemed Contributor

Uhhh, just noticed. . .why is this in "Beauty" forum?