Trusted Contributor

Not sure where to post this, but yesterday at the Dollar Tree I found the 50 ounce refill-sized Softsoap in the citrus scent. It smells lemony and is the pale yellow gel. It will be great to refill all the handsoap bottles we go through. It pays to check out Dollar Tree...I found Premier Protein shakes and giant boxes of Cheerios with strawberries there last week. They almost always have some namebrand things that I can use. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Great find for a dollar!

I love Dollar Tree also. You can find some really good bargains there.

Honored Contributor

I'm always suspicious of the ingredients in products, especially food, that you get in those dollar stores.  I've heard some horror stories.   There's got to be a catch somewhere. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

DT has really stepped up their game...lots of name brands in all categories, great home decor & glitter free Holiday too. I always enjoy shopping DT & Dollar General.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always read labels. The Cheerios were there because GM has changed the box design. The use by date is Feb. 1/ 22 so I am sure we can use it up by then! The Softsoap had an inner seal and I have used it before in small bottles. I like the citrus scent and use it by the kitchen sink.  I have never bought food there unless it's a namebrand I know. Am not that brave. I consider Dollar Tree to be light years better than other dollar stores. I don't even go inside the other so-called dollar stores here; they are gross. DT just put out fall and harvest things. Some of it looks very well made.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I've never been in a Dollar Tree but my husband is a regular in our local Dollar General.  It started when the teenage granbabies weren't teenagers.  He would take them there for  snacks (smh).  Like his mother, my husband has a love of feeding people!  He's in the kitchen right now making homemade enchiladas.  I could live on peanutbutter protein shakes and cold coffee Smiley Happy  I warn him to look at expiration dates.  That's the only thing I'm leery of.  I think the food items are fine.  DH also picks milk up there between WM runs.  

Trusted Contributor

That's funny because I picked up some Soft Soap "kitchen hands" in the lemon scent earlier this summer.  It is a light lemon scent that made me think of the old Avon Lemon Velvet.  I like it because it is not overly perfumed for when you're cooking, just a nice scent for kitchen duties.  I thought to myself I should pick some more of that up, and just noticed last week that Dollar General is well stocked with the large refill size, too.  

Trusted Contributor

I think Dollar General is owned by Dollar Tree; they have started putting a few of their items in some of the Dollar Tree stores. 

Trusted Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

Not sure where to post this, but yesterday at the Dollar Tree I found the 50 ounce refill-sized Softsoap in the citrus scent. It smells lemony and is the pale yellow gel. It will be great to refill all the handsoap bottles we go through. It pays to check out Dollar Tree...I found Premier Protein shakes and giant boxes of Cheerios with strawberries there last week. They almost always have some namebrand things that I can use. 

I'm happy you were able to find your soap refill there. Smiley Happy

We go there and to the Dollar General stores pretty often. 

I buy food items at both stores, without problems. 

I like the Dollar General store brands of food products and of health and beauty products, too.

At the Dollar Tree, you'll often find name brand food items.

I'll buy inexpensive hair accessories there, too. 

I like to get my stationery/office supplies at the Dollar Tree. I'll buy my note pads and envelopes there.

They also have nice puzzle books for adults if you like to do word search or crossword puzzles, and they also have nice coloring books for both children and adults, too.

Respected Contributor

My Dollar Tree never seems to have too many exciting deals. But it is a great place to buy smaller size of some items. Like when you have a craving for Utz chips, corn puffs or pretzels but, because of portion control, don't want the larger bags in the house. Or a cereal you've never tried before and want to see if you like it, without a financial hit.

@Toppers3, I also get many hair accessories there. Especially the large claw clips. Keep them tucked in different locations in the house or garage for when I'm cleaning or gardening and want the hair off my neck.