Honored Contributor

Re: Great book for SIlver haired sisters to share

[ Edited ]

@marmarbrooklyn  It's either 7 or 8 years for me when I stopped coloring my hair.  It is still salt & pepper with the dark brown under the silver.  Two times a week I shampoo with a Blue Malva shampoo.  I now use Aveda's whiich will last forever since it is in a very large plastic bottle maybe 24 oz or more.  It takes out any yellow casts.  I love my hair color and my beauty salon does too (I received many compliments).  I know it is not for everyone but I am glad I can pull it off.  No more coloring -- I love it.    Thanks for sharing.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

marmarbrooklyn, Appreciate you.  Thank you for answering my ?

Trusted Contributor

Katcat1, Thank you for replying. I do not color my hair. I am just thankful for the hair I have. Once again a sincere thank you

Regular Contributor

Thank you for posting. I'm going to order this book. 

Honored Contributor

I stopped trying to cover the gray more than ten years ago.

Then people thought I was having professional highlights put in because the silver gray was growing in so nicely.

So glad I don't have to color.

But I am one of those whose new hair is somewhat curlier than my "original" hair.  Although not necessarily curly enough to treat a whole lot differently.

I love learning.  Thank you for the book recommendation,  @marmarbrooklyn

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I have had grey hair since I was 34 and so now, at 69, I'm still trying to figure out why people need assistance with having grey hair.It's hair for cripes sake. It just happens it is white or silver or grey  instead of some other color. What is the huge mystery. You cut it the same as colored hair - you curl it the same as colored hair, you comb & style it the same exact way as colored hair.

@151949   Eh...it needs a lot more conditioning than dyed hair!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

I have had grey hair since I was 34 and so now, at 69, I'm still trying to figure out why people need assistance with having grey hair.It's hair for cripes sake. It just happens it is white or silver or grey  instead of some other color. What is the huge mystery. You cut it the same as colored hair - you curl it the same as colored hair, you comb & style it the same exact way as colored hair.

@151949   Eh...it needs a lot more conditioning than dyed hair!

Perhaps YOUR grey hair does - my white hair needs very little in the way of conditioning. Also - you just recently put your hair thru heck & back when you decided instead of growing it out you would strip the color all out of it. 

Honored Contributor

For some the road to going natural silver is easy..  as is was for me...... but this book might inspire some people who want to dabble in the idea of no more color but are afraid to give it a try from all the negative information of  some saying how old you look going grey BLA BLA BLA.  I think this book  might be helpful for those who are just not quite sure how to do it.

Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach

Hi my gray is growing in the same way too. I always highlighted  my hair,but when my hairdresser went on a extendeded maternity leave my silver started coming in . People started complimenting me saying these highlights are much nicer. They did't realize it was my natural hair . Even my hairdresser liked the look . My hair too is a bit wavier than it was years ago .  I enjoy learning tips and tricks , and sometimes one little change can make a huge difference whether in hair or makeup or clothes.