Super Contributor

Great News for TATCHA users!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Great News for TATCHA users!!

Yeah, saw that. I hope it saves some people $$$!

Honored Contributor

I am rather stunned; thank you for posting this.  I was tempted by some of the Tatcha items and actually ordered one.  However, it got lost in the mail and was out of stock so I never did get it.  (Guess I was lucky!)    I wonder what she would say about Algenist as I have quite a few $$$ invested in this skincare line now.  Algenist seems to be coming out with more and more items quite quickly.

Super Contributor

I wish I could watch her but I just can't. She looks so unhealthy. The skin is waxy and borderline yellow, has an odd sheen -- it's very open casket. I don't discredit her education or passion but I saw a few of her videos a long time ago and between her compulsive need to make videos and a square take on the industry, I figured for those who want to live a little, her advice/opinion is a bit severe.

What did she say re: TATCHA?

Honored Contributor

@IntoSkincare  Not much positive to say.  I agree with your comments about  her appearance.  I had never seen her before.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

She is painfully thin; isn't she? 

I think the waxy appearance is the amt of sunscreen she uses. lol I thought she did have some good stuff in some of her other videos.   I use and love both of the Tatcha cleansers she covered, as well as The Essence.  I am going to definitely try the cheaper other cleansers she recommended before I buy the Tatcha again though.

ETA:  I forgot to say thanks, @ASLTW, for the link!

Honored Contributor

Well she basically says that fragrance and some other ingredients really are bad for your skin and many Tacha items do have them.  You can get good skin care products for a lot less money from the drugstore.

I have a few Tacha items (but not the ones she reviewed).  They are okay....not bad but not great either.  I will use them up and move on to something else.

What i couldn't get around though was Dr. Dray's rash around her mouth.  It just seemed ironic for someone reviewing skin care items to have this red rash around her mouth.  I wonder what she's using or plans on using concerning this skin problem?

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Well she basically says that fragrance and some other ingredients really are bad for your skin and many Tacha items do have them.  You can get good skin care products for a lot less money from the drugstore.

I have a few Tacha items (but not the ones she reviewed).  They are okay....not bad but not great either.  I will use them up and move on to something else.

What i couldn't get around though was Dr. Dray's rash around her mouth.  It just seemed ironic for someone reviewing skin care items to have this red rash around her mouth.  I wonder what she's using or plans on using concerning this skin problem?

Yeah, I was kinda obsessing on that, wondering if it was the picture or what it was.  In some videos she is talking about using tretinoin and the importance of using aquaphor or something like that around the corners of your mouth before applying.  Maybe that's what it was from.

Trusted Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@IntoSkincare  Not much positive to say.  I agree with your comments about  her appearance.  I had never seen her before.

I could not stop staring at her strange eyebrows. She kept saying there would be issues with various products, but never got specific about what kind of issues except that alcohol was drying for the skin, but we already know that. I didn't think she was that convincing or maybe she needs some help in getting her point across.

Honored Contributor

OH!  That stuff around her mouth looked orange on my screen.

I thought she needed to exfoliate.

Don’t know if that is better or worse.

Just BTW, I frequently find her information interesting and sometimes look up her recommendations for comparison.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras