Honored Contributor

@kze wrote:

My skin is so dry, Josie's body butters don't moisturize enough.  Even if I use a lot, it's absorbed immediately.   Everyone's skin is not the same.

@kze  - Have you ever tried Alpha Skin Care lotion?  This is what solved my dry skin.

Alpha Skin Care Renewal Body Lotion Anti-Aging Formula for All Skin Types - Reduces the Appearance of Lines & Wrinkles white 12 Ounce (Pack of 1)

Honored Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

I have responded 2 or 3 times to comments regarding the JM TSV. They do not work for me and leave my skin very very oily, did not like that feel. 

@cjm61  - I've had the same reaction to JM products.  On my skin, the oil sat on top and didn't penetrate - thus leaving me greasy.

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal Yes, and it feels "heavy" for lack of a better word. I can feel this kind of weight on my skin. I have tried her products many times, all different types of her moisturizers, and none of them feel good on my skin. 

Respected Contributor

My skin doesnt seem to absorb Josie Maran's body lotions well.  I dont know why.

It's interesting to me how some body lotions/serums work on some ppl's body's well, and others dont. I have no idea why.  

Trusted Contributor

IMHO, Josie's body butter has changed since she first introduced it. I find it doesn't hydrate my skin the way it once did and the texture is off. I've been buying it via autoship since it was first introduced and as she's updated the size of the tub, then tub with a pump, I've switched to those and always unscented.  When it's part of your daily routine, you know when something has changed.

This time last year, she offered the big tub with the pump along with a giant bottle of the Argon oil; I ordered 2 and now find that I have to use the oil FIRST and THEN the body butter to get the same results I would receive when I used just the body butter. I canceled my autoships of those and once they're all used up, I will no longer purchase from her line. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee   I'm also in the process of using her products up and will not repurchase.  Only about 3 things in tubes plus the giant argon oil from last year's TSV.  I don't mind using up what I have. Cat Happy  I'm careful when I "lather up".. Cat LOL

Trusted Contributor

@kze wrote:

My skin is so dry, Josie's body butters don't moisturize enough.  Even if I use a lot, it's absorbed immediately.   Everyone's skin is not the same.

I am the same way. I have extreme dry skin and I can’t  towel dry after a shower. I have to slather the body butter on wet skin or it absorbs too quickly to spread. I take two showers a day for this reason, I use the glycolic acid cream shown above at night and BB in the morning. 

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@cjm61 wrote:

I have responded 2 or 3 times to comments regarding the JM TSV. They do not work for me and leave my skin very very oily, did not like that feel. 

@cjm61  - I've had the same reaction to JM products.  On my skin, the oil sat on top and didn't penetrate - thus leaving me greasy.

@San Antonio Gal    You get better results if you put it on right out of the shower.  Then go to bed.  It soaks right in for me. 

Honored Contributor

Josie's body butter is the only thing that works for my skin.  I've tried the Alpha Renewal Body Lotion, Philosophy emulsifying lotion, First Aid Beauty, Beekman, Loccitane, Aveeno, Gold Bond, Nivea  -- and the list goes on & on.

Only this specific body butter works itself into my dry skin.  It leaves it soft, smooth, and never ever greasy on me.  I never have to reapply an hour later, like I do all the other ones I mentioned. It also never just lays on top of my skin. 

Everyone's skin is different.  The TSV Sold Out after selling over 90,000, so it appears I'm not alone  

Valued Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@Bella2022 wrote:

When watching amy S with the TSV omg were her hands greasy. How can anyone not see this. I ordered one time and that was it. I can use vegetable oil and probably get the same results, none.Smiley Very Happy  IMHO sorry

@Bella2022 Today's (Sunday, 11/13) TSV is a Le Creuset pan...which product are you referring to?

I'm sorry I forgot to put Josies maran's tsv, I apologize.