Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Those who think the color of their hair is what makes them look old are in a sad state of denial. 

And those, like you, who don't believe that gray hair is a sign of aging are in MAJOR denial.

Esteemed Contributor

Loved the photos above - thanks for the examples.

Why is it that most men with gray hair are considered "distinguished" - while women with gray hair are seen as "old"  ????

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Loved the photos above - thanks for the examples.

Why is it that most men with gray hair are considered "distinguished" - while women with gray hair are seen as "old"  ????

I think the answer is grounded in biological and cultural differences. Men have always been considered the strong and powerful sex. They have been the leaders of families and government. They are the wise elders as they age. (I'm speaking generally throughout history).

If there had not been this distinction, I don't think that we would view men and women differently at all in terms of the effects of aging.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Stopped coloring 4 yrs ago. Best decision for me. Love my shades of grey. Wen has taken my hair to the next level. Actually! Transformed my hair to beautiful taupe. Thank you! Chaz & Qvc.