Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I would have gone on forever.... actually I had a bout with vertigo and could not dye it .  So my let it go was because I COULD NOT DO IT OR LET SOMEONE ELSE DRAG ME BACKWARDS IN A SINK.  That vertigo was a gift.  I will say it is apparently a family trait... I owe it all to heredity.  LOL  

I did not see any nasty comments.. I guess QVC deleted them.  As for posting this in the first place.  My total support.  Why not talk about what makes you proud or happy. 

Esteemed Contributor

How do I get the @ symbol that others are using.  Just want to reply to those who have posted and not sure what the @ does.  

Honored Contributor

When you post a reply type/hit the @ and it will give you a list of screen names.  Choose the one(s) you wish to reply to.  @bonnielu  Hope this helps.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I believe we exhausted the subject of "I love/hate gray" just a couple days ago.

When I read the heading, I knew exactly how this thread would go. No way would it just be a series of "Oh, how nice that you received a compliment" posts.

Nope, it immediately starts one of the more ridiculous debates (and there are many) on this board.  I do happen to agree with @millieshops that the use of the word "proud" didn't exactly help.

And then there's the inimitable poster, so active in being overly defensive about her gray hair, chiming in to say that she can't believe how this thread became nasty, when there really weren't any nasty posts at all.

oh, give her time--it's early yet!

Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Always nice to get a compliment but one question..... If I started a thread and wrote Auburn Hair and Proud, would the responses be patting me on the back and then one usual suspect would come on here and talk about how nasty people were to me ad nauseum? I think not...

I actually don't know/see why this subject has to become contentious whenever someone starts it, really. This is one of those subjects where people are going to have differing opinions on it. 

To me, contention shouldn't even happen for this reason.

If someone gets a compliment about their hair, whether it's gray or auburn and they're happy about it and proud of it, then I'm happy for them. If they want to share about it here, that doesn't bother me, and I really don't see why it would upset anyone else. Smiley Happy

In my opinion, people should be comfortable about their appearance, no matter what they are doing for it.

If they're happy about coloring their hair, then good for them. If they're happy with gray hair, then good for them, too.

Respected Contributor

Hello, tototwo. Smiley Happy

Silver hair is lovely.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic and argumentative

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because unkind comment

Esteemed Contributor

My mom has always had nice gray hair and it's not frizzy or drab looking. She also has an olive complexion and always had youthful skin so it looked good on her.

I color my hair because I don't want to go gray. I don't like my gray roots and and my fair skin color would not look good with gray. I seldom wear gray clothing on top either as it makes me look washed out.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Oh no I made up my mind years ago that I will never go gray. I really don't feel like looking much older than I am because of the color of my hair. JMO.

Why do women insist they look older with gray hair, wrinkles make you look older and dark dyed hair!

I have silver gray hair, cut in a medium bob, my husband loves my gray hair, he doesn't like dyed hair!