Respected Contributor

LOL I would love to have hair no matter the color. After chemo 4 years ago the back grew back normal but my crown and temples are thin, fine and white.  Don't like wigs so I just wear my baseball hat

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

LOL I would love to have hair no matter the color. After chemo 4 years ago the back grew back normal but my crown and temples are thin, fine and white.  Don't like wigs so I just wear my baseball hat

I started going grey at age 25 - I did color for a couple years but at age 34 went thru chemo and when my hair grew back in it was so delicate I was afraid to color it, so i have been a natural color including a grey streak since age 35 - 32 years now. I've had plenty of time to adjust to it I guess. Over time my hair quality has greatly improved and I do take hair, skin and nails vitamins every day as well as a collegen supplement. Ask you doctor if those are ok for you - it really helped my post chemo hair.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It seems the people who are grey and loving it are self confident and do not require outside assurance but the hair dyers do seem to need to keep reassuring themselves and each other they are doing the right thing. OK then. If you feel better telling us - ad nauseum - that we all look old and have "let ourselves go" in order to make you feel better about yourselves - go ahead, because we are self assured and confident. We can take it - anything to make you all feel better about yourselves.

Woman Very Happy

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

I already take caltrate to balance out some meds with bone thinning side effects.  Now I have the best looking nails.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It seems the people who are grey and loving it are self confident and do not require outside assurance but the hair dyers do seem to need to keep reassuring themselves and each other they are doing the right thing. OK then. If you feel better telling us - ad nauseum - that we all look old and have "let ourselves go" in order to make you feel better about yourselves - go ahead, because we are self assured and confident. We can take it - anything to make you all feel better about yourselves.

Could you please point out exactly where someone said anything remotely like this?

Why the strawman argument here if you are so "self-assured and confident." Usually when someone genuinely feels that way, that person has no need to lash out at others, especially when those others said nothing unkind to you or anyone else.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I am assuming she is speaking of a previous thread where there were "letting yourself go" comments were peppered.  But not this thread.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I am assuming she is speaking of a previous thread where there were "letting yourself go" comments were peppered.  But not this thread.

they were here and removed from this thread.

Respected Contributor

That was a nice compliment, and I am sure it is true.

I have seen many women with beautiful shades of grey hair.  That is not the issue for me.

I think it makes you look older no matter how beautiful it is.

Someone told me she had friends that were twins.  She said one went grey, and they other continued to color her hair.  She said even though they were alike in most ways, the grey-haired one looked MUCH older. 

I couldn't get to the hair salon for awhile one time.  I got about 1 inch of grey roots around my face.  I can't tell you how much I hated it!  It made me look and feel so much OLDER!  I am very fair, and it washed me out completely.

I am not looking to look 20.  Just want to look as good as possible for my age.

If one likes their grey hair, that's all that matters.  I just don't like it for me!

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

I'm proud of my chemically treated, colored and highlighted  hair - I paid a lot of money for it!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Always nice to get a compliment but one question..... If I started a thread and wrote Auburn Hair and Proud, would the responses be patting me on the back and then one usual suspect would come on here and talk about how nasty people were to me ad nauseum? I think not...

@Trinity11

Count me in.  My original hair color was auburn and I love all shades of red hair.  I still have a large section of my original auburn hair and have it wrapped in tissue and stored in a bureau drawer.  I will never part with it.  My hair is now silver and I no longer color it.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~