Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gray Hair Trend

[ Edited ]

Oopsie, I apologize.  Thanks for letting me know.   I guess I wasn't aware there was a rule that if an old thread turned up on the front page, we were supposed to ignore it.  I'm so sorry if I offended you.  I'll be sure to check the dates from now on. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

This is yet ANOTHER months-old thread that @AbbyAbhc19  has bumped! She's doing this all over the boards.

I know she's new, and I don't mean to sound harsh, but it's just annoying to open a thread and find out it's been inactive for several months...until now.

@vermint   Perhaps it'd be kinder to address her personally with "@", remind her of the forum regulations, but most importantly instead of embarrassing her, welcome her to the boards. Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

@AbbyAbhc19 wrote:

I personally like gray hair but it depends on the person wearing it, if it suits them or not. 

@AbbyAbhc19   Hello. Welcome to the boards. I hope you enjoy your time here. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I did do that, on another thread this morning. Woman Happy Hopefully she will get the notification and read my post. This could get her banned from the forums if she doesn't stop.

Honored Contributor

I’m pretty sure a read a Mod saying it is threads over a year old that can’t be bumped up.

Honored Contributor

I’m pretty sure I read a Mod saying it is threads over a year old that can’t be bumped up.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I’m pretty sure a read a Mod saying it is threads over a year old that can’t be bumped up.

@proudlyfromNJ   I've been posting here for many years. I'm sure I've forgotten some regulations that I read so long ago. It probably happens to many of us.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Gray and silver are neutral colors for hair that are natural for young and older people.  Many young people have these colors naturally.  Those who have red, blonde, brunette and black hair might want a change.

We think nothing of people going from brown to blonde for vise versa.  Why would it be different to choose to go gray instead of blonde?

A lot of Ladies from previous generations associate gray, white and silver with age.  Younger people today do not think the same way.  It's just another color to them.

My own hair is salt and pepper..many shades of silver and black.  I volunteer at an elementary school.  The kids often ask me my age, and I tell them.  Often they say, you are older than my grandma, but you look younger.

I ask if "grandma" has silver hair like mine, and most of the time they say no.  Children do not associate gray hair with age any more. 

I asked my 10 year old grandson and the kids at school  if people looked younger if they colored their gray hair.  They said no, they just look like old people who color their hair.  You can't fool children and they are honest.

When I worked as a hair stylist, I colored the gray hair of many 20 year old " kids."  You would be surprised how early some people begin getting gray hair.  Often it starts in high school.

Things that ages someone to me are deep wrinkles, yellow or missing teeth, bad posture, clothing that looks like it belongs on a teenager and clothing that looks dark, drab and depressive and a closed mind to learning new things.

I see people of all ages with purple, blue, green, pink and rainbow hair.  They are having fun with color. I don't think it is odd at all. It's not any crazier than wearing different colors of nail polish.

I like the fact that we can be individuals and wear a hair color that we choose and change it as often as we like.

Well said, @Carmie.  I just love this entire post.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   I've been posting here for many years. I'm sure I've forgotten some regulations that I read so long ago. It probably happens to many of us.

@Shanus. Just thought I’d pass on what I had recalled. It wasn’t terribly long ago or I wouldn’t have remembered it. LOL.   eta..although I don’t think all the mods use the same rules.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hair color is the easiest things to change abt one's self. It's more difficult to loose unhealthy habits , change  one's personality traits .  It's less permanent  than tattoos .