Contributor

Re: GrandeLash Update/want opinions about castor oil

I also tried the Grandelash as well as Rapid lash but my eyelids became red and itchy so I stopped. I’ve been using Elizabeth Arden Prevage eyelash serum and I’ve had some serious eyelash growth with no side effects

Trusted Contributor

I've been using Grande Lash for a while now and have noticed an improvement in my lashes. I first ordered on Amazon and then saw that Sephora carries the brand so I bought my 2nd tube there. I just noticed my lashes looking lomger after starting on my 2nd tube so I think it takes a good three months before you'll really notice a difference. But if you want to try the generic Latisse, Tara Skin care carries it and they are a US company. 

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

I've been using GrandeLASH for 7 weeks and definitely have good results, lengthening which I started to see around the 4 week mark and now thickness. 

I like it and will continue to use it. Glad they offered it on AD

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Thank you for all the responses.  Because of my age (55) and because menopause is what has caused my lessening and thinning of eyebrows/lashes, I am going to give it longer to work.  I'm so appreciative of all the responses and especially some of you sharing your experiences where you said it took 3-4 months to see improvement.  I do have 100% organic, cold-pressed, hexane- and chemical-free castor oil coming today from Amazon, so I think I will continue the GrandeBrow on both brows, since I have seen improvement there, and also continue the GrandeLash on just one eye while starting the castor oil on the other just as an experiment.

As an aside, for those of you who bought the HSN TSV of this, how are you liking the mascara?  I haven't tried it, yet, as I had just opened a new tube of my current mascara when I ordered the TSV.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use the Dollar Stores pure Castor oil, put on my brows & now I have the fullest brows I have had in years, for a buck! Also, I decided to order an empty mascara bottle, I put my Cator Oil in there too & you should see how long my upper & lower eyelashes have become, all for 2.69! (The mascara bottle was only 1.69 btw) Just thought I'd share this, I really didn't think it would work, but OMG did it, I am one very happy camper b/c I love a really good bargain.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg- Don't know if you saw the other OP about Woolash, but it sounds very interesting.  This is from the site:

In our clinical study WooLash performed miraculously. Our studies show that in as early as 2-4 weeks, many began to see incredible results (we had Woolashers with dramatic results in only one week),

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal, yes, I did see it; thank you!  If I can ever get the Grandelash to work on my lashes, I got such a good deal on it from HSN, that I hate to give up on it yet.  I got the serum (supposed to last 3 months) and their mascara for $45 w/free shipping.  Since it does work on my brows, I have hope that it will eventually work on my lashes; we will see.  

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg- keep us posted on your results and good luck! 

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Thank you for all the responses.  Because of my age (55) and because menopause is what has caused my lessening and thinning of eyebrows/lashes, I am going to give it longer to work.  I'm so appreciative of all the responses and especially some of you sharing your experiences where you said it took 3-4 months to see improvement.  I do have 100% organic, cold-pressed, hexane- and chemical-free castor oil coming today from Amazon, so I think I will continue the GrandeBrow on both brows, since I have seen improvement there, and also continue the GrandeLash on just one eye while starting the castor oil on the other just as an experiment.

As an aside, for those of you who bought the HSN TSV of this, how are you liking the mascara?  I haven't tried it, yet, as I had just opened a new tube of my current mascara when I ordered the TSV.

Give it more time @Ainhisg. I wanted to also let you know that I don't usually use it on weekends.  I first noticed the additional length and now starting to see more thickness. 

I haven't tried the mascara yet bc I had others in my stash that I want to use. Due to the 3 mth use or toss once opened recommendation, I don't open a bunch of different mascaras at the same time. I ordered GrandeLASH specifically for the serum, the mascara for me was a freebie/bonus. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've never used GrandeLash or Latisse. But I have used castor oil on my lashes and brows. That did make them fill in and grow longer but I just could not get use to the oily mess in and on my eyes so I stopped using it altogether. Now I am using Isomers Copper-P serum on my lashes and brows and I have to say they are looking pretty good. Copper peptides work similar to Minoxidil in that they both cause increased follicle size and reduce follicle miniaturization often seen with hair thinning and loss. 

@SilleeMee, I thought I would mention I looked at the Isomers Copper Peptide serum and after doing a little research it appears to me that the copper peptide used for hair growth is Copper Peptide (GHK), not the Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment found in the Isomers product.  Not saying that doesn't work since you said you were having good results from it.  I'm just saying I couldn't find any mention of that particular ingredient and hair growth.  So, I found a source for Copper Peptide (GHK) and am going to try it added to the serum I am currently using since I didn't feel like it was doing much for me.