Respected Contributor

GrandeLash Update/want opinions about castor oil

[ Edited ]

7 weeks of using GrandeLash nightly and still no results...at all.  When I first got the product, GL CS said to use one dip for both eyes.  At the four-week mark (with no change), I started using one dip per eye.  Still nothing.  Boo.  On the upside, I ordered GrandeBrow, too, and it has grown hair in the barest spot of one eyebrow, so I am glad about that but there has been no tail growth.  I've used the GrandeBrow for exactly 8 weeks.  With such minimal change there, I'm wondering about continuing it, too.

I have been reading about castor oil and have searched old threads on here about it.  My thoughts are that if a product like GrandeLash doesn't work, how would a natural product like castor oil possibly work?  Thoughts?

I have thought about Latisse, but I have gray/blue eyes and I am concerned about the iris changing colors.  I had that concern about GrandeLash, too, but the concentration of the active ingredient is much lower so felt a little more comfortable trying it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: GrandeLash Update/want opinions about castor oil

I use GrandeBROW for my eyebrows and it works fabulous.  My sparse brows grew back in beautifully.

Frequent Contributor

Re: GrandeLash Update/want opinions of castor oil

I'm not a Bio major but I think blue eyes will not darken using Lastisse. Brown, hazel or green may be the ones to darken? I also have been using GrandeLash...five weeks in and I am seeing a tiny bit of growth. I used to use RapidLash years ago but, whatever was in it to cause lash growth was removed by the FDA. I have dark green eyes and don't want them to darken so I'm still on the fence about if I should switch to the Latisse or not.

Honored Contributor

Re: GrandeLash Update/want opinions of castor oil

Try the generic form of Latisse from All Day Chemist (Bimatoprost).  A lot of ladies here have ordered from ADC.  As far as your concerns with eye color changing, that's very rare. My lashes are long, but I used Latisse a few years back because I wanted thicker lashes and was happy with the results.  

Frequent Contributor

I'm not a Bio major but I think blue eyes will not darken using Lastisse. Brown, hazel or green may be the ones to darken? I also have been using GrandeLash...five weeks in and I am seeing a tiny bit of growth. I used to use RapidLash years ago but, whatever was in it to cause lash growth was removed by the FDA. I have dark green eyes and don't want them to darken so I'm still on the fence about if I should switch to the Latisse or not. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

7 weeks of using GrandeLash nightly and still no results...at all.  When I first got the product, GL CS said to use one dip for both eyes.  At the four-week mark (with no change), I started using one dip per eye.  Still nothing.  Boo.  On the upside, I ordered GrandeBrow, too, and it has grown hair in the barest spot of one eyebrow, so I am glad about that but there has been no tail growth.  I've used the GrandeBrow for exactly 8 weeks.  With such minimal change there, I'm wondering about continuing it, too.

I have been reading about castor oil and have searched old threads on here about it.  My thoughts are that if a product like GrandeLash doesn't work, how would a natural product like castor oil possibly work?  Thoughts?

I have thought about Latisse, but I have gray/blue eyes and I am concerned about the iris changing colors.  I had that concern about GrandeLash, too, but the concentration of the active ingredient is much lower so felt a little more comfortable trying it.

@Ainhisg-

I've never heard of Grandlash before, but did try RapidLash a couple of years ago.  Normally I'm not overly sensitive to things but that stuff caused a lot of itching so I quit using it.  After that I just relied on mascara.  About a month or so ago I ordered those magnetic lashes.  It seemed to be quite a rigmarole and I have no patience to get them on right.  LOL, I could see myself really making a mess of my eye makeup when it came time to use them for an event, which was my purpose for trying them in the first place. I recently decided to try Castor Oil.  I've been using it for right around three weeks and while I can't really explain any of the science behind it, I can tell you that I am seeing results.  As with anything, consistency is key.  Castor Oil can be used on the brows too, BTW

Honored Contributor

I've never used GrandeLash or Latisse. But I have used castor oil on my lashes and brows. That did make them fill in and grow longer but I just could not get use to the oily mess in and on my eyes so I stopped using it altogether. Now I am using Isomers Copper-P serum on my lashes and brows and I have to say they are looking pretty good. Copper peptides work similar to Minoxidil in that they both cause increased follicle size and reduce follicle miniaturization often seen with hair thinning and loss. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee@JeanLouiseFinch- Just wanted you to know that both you ladies always seem very knowledgeable on different areas of beauty.  I enjoy reading your posts and you are both Beauty Guru's in my book!  I appreciate your contributions to this forum...

Honored Contributor

Oh thank you for your kind words Heart@San Antonio Gal. You just made my day!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've never used GrandeLash or Latisse. But I have used castor oil on my lashes and brows. That did make them fill in and grow longer but I just could not get use to the oily mess in and on my eyes so I stopped using it altogether. Now I am using Isomers Copper-P serum on my lashes and brows and I have to say they are looking pretty good. Copper peptides work similar to Minoxidil in that they both cause increased follicle size and reduce follicle miniaturization often seen with hair thinning and loss. 

@SilleeMee  That is the one thing I don't like about the castor oil.  I try to deal with it since I apply right before climbing into bed, but if I happen to stay up to watch a little tv it is awkward.  Maybe I'll try the Copper P serum.  I bought that big bottle last year and still have a lot left!