Trusted Contributor

Got some "work" done today

[ Edited ]

For years I've had moles, skin tags, pores clogged up with oil, etc., on my face and I've hated them.

Today I went to my dermatologist to get them taken off. For the ones that could be frozen off with nitrogen, that's what she took off. It burns a little and will take about a month or so for the swelling and redness (not very intense) to go away but it'll be with worth it.

And in a month, she's going to dig out whatever's left. She'll have to numb me up and DIG out the other "leisons" (i.e. really big zits). It'll hurt and isn't covered by insurance. She told me what it cost and I said, I don't care; we have plenty of money and I want to get this ******** off my face.

And it really doesn't cost all that much--or at least, it's worth the $100-$200 per treatment (not per zit, just per treatment no matter how many she takes off). I've been bothered by this for years and wish I'd done this sooner. I just wish she could slice off the sagging neck skin I'm starting to develop; I'm wondering what that would cost.

And, honestly, I'm close to 70 years old; not there yet, but soon. At this time of life, I'm wondering if it's worth the cost and bother (or if can even be done since I have hepatitis). It bothers me enough that if I could afford it, I suspect I'll go ahead and have it done. If you want to scold me for vanity, go ahead; it's probably true :-)

Anyone else have this kind of thing done? How was your experience? Were you satisfied with the cost and/or the results?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Got some "work" done today

You don't seem to be going overboard, and none of it sounds risky. It's when people have extreme cosmetic surgery that I shake my head and wonder why.

Honored Contributor

I don’t see anything wrong with what you are doing...you just want to look better in your skin.Most people spend tons on makeup and skin care trying to achieve their best skin.You couldn’t self treat those problems you describe.Anyhow your money your life no matter what anyone else thinks or says you just have to please yourself.I hope the results are fabulous and you love the way your sk8n looks.

Esteemed Contributor

If anything bothers u - remove or fix it!!!!!! Yes - u should have taken care of it years ago, but it's never too late.

Honored Contributor

I'm the queen of skin tags. Not on my face or neck - thank goodness but all over my body. My derm charges $50 a piece to painlessly remove them. She uses  - a small electrical instrument that burns them off in about a second with no bleeding.I get them alot where my bra band is. Since those hurt & bleed from rubbing on my bra, my insurance covers removing them.

Respected Contributor

@FuzzyFace wrote:

For years I've had moles, skin tags, pores clogged up with oil, etc., on my face and I've hated them.

Today I went to my dermatologist to get them taken off. For the ones that could be frozen off with nitrogen, that's what she took off. It burns a little and will take about a month or so for the swelling and redness (not very intense) to go away but it'll be with worth it.

And in a month, she's going to dig out whatever's left. She'll have to numb me up and DIG out the other "leisons" (i.e. really big zits). It'll hurt and isn't covered by insurance. She told me what it cost and I said, I don't care; we have plenty of money and I want to get this ******** off my face.

And it really doesn't cost all that much--or at least, it's worth the $100-$200 per treatment (not per zit, just per treatment no matter how many she takes off). I've been bothered by this for years and wish I'd done this sooner. I just wish she could slice off the sagging neck skin I'm starting to develop; I'm wondering what that would cost.

And, honestly, I'm close to 70 years old; not there yet, but soon. At this time of life, I'm wondering if it's worth the cost and bother (or if can even be done since I have hepatitis). It bothers me enough that if I could afford it, I suspect I'll go ahead and have it done. If you want to scold me for vanity, go ahead; it's probably true :-)

Anyone else have this kind of thing done? How was your experience? Were you satisfied with the cost and/or the results?

Sounds great!  I didn't even know there are procedures out there to get rid of clogged pores....could you describe what they do?  I need it badly!  I have rosacea and I still get acne also....have a few moles (not sure one is a mole was told it is a colorless one?) on my face too.  

I just need to find a good derm place to go and get it done.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like you pretty much stayed in your comfort zone. Nothing bad about that at all.Woman Happy About that saggy neck...sometimes it's possible to tighten the skin a bit without having to be cut. Ask your derm about laser or ultherapy options. I had it (laser) done on my neck and it was the best thing. But your results will depend on how saggy your skin is. Not everyone is a candidate for this kind of thing but you can always ask.Woman Wink

@FuzzyFace

In my neck of the woods (pun intended lol Woman LOL) neck tightening with ultherapy costs around 1200-1500...just for the neck.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Sounds like you pretty much stayed in your comfort zone. Nothing bad about that at all.Woman Happy About that saggy neck...sometimes it's possible to tighten the skin a bit without having to be cut. Ask your derm about laser or ultherapy options. I had it (laser) done on my neck and it was the best thing. But your results will depend on how saggy your skin is. Not everyone is a candidate for this kind of thing but you can always ask.Woman Wink

@FuzzyFace

In my neck of the woods (pun intended lol Woman LOL) neck tightening with ultherapy costs around 1200-1500...just for the neck.

Wow, I'm surprised that the saggy-skin removal doesn't cost a lot more. When I see my dermatologist next month I'm going to ask her abou it.

Not to sound too "poor me" but medically I've been through the wringer in the last few years, and especially since last June when I turned yellow, was dianosed with hepatitis, and spent 5 very unpleasant days in what I consider an adequate-but-not-much-more-than-that hospital. (Due to a higher-than-average rate of patient injuries they nearly lost their accredication which I didn't know at the time).

I'd feel a lot better if I could get that damned neck skin removed/tightened up, whatever. It may be immodest if I say so, but I look younger than my actual age and I'd like to keep looking nice if I can.

Respected Contributor

@FuzzyFace  Good for you!!!

Respected Contributor

@FuzzyFace Do what makes you happy!  Glad you’re pleased with the results.  😊