Honored Contributor

Re: Got my TSV Hairdo wig today

I wonder if it's supposed to represent new growth, like with "real" hair. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

Don't think so Lolakimono because they are like short little crew-cut hairs. They just look really strange - like stubby - the best way I can think to describe is if you need haven't shaved your legs in a few days. LOL. I got the light blonde wig with dark roots so the short little hairs are dark.
Respected Contributor

I received mine today and it's fine (light brown). It sure is a gorgeous, natural looking color, and is well made.

That being said, I think my head is too small for it as it just doesn't sit right. I can't get the bangs to stay out of my eyes, everytime I move all of the hair is in my face. It must be at least 10 times the normal amount of hair I have so it just looks odd though I'm sure there are people out there with this much hair (envious of that). Also the color is just a tad too light for my skin tone. I probably will end up returning it because of the fit and the fact the hair won't stay out of my face. But it is nicely done.

At least it helped me decide that I did NOT want to color my hair lighter than it's natural color (I don't color it now). But I may want to cut it this short. Undecided on that.

Honored Contributor

I have had trouble with my "growth" hair for years, and now the color, a nasty mixed yellow gray black white, makes the whole mess worse. I needed a wig for a performance, so I bought Sherri's long wig with bangs in the silver (lighter) gray. The first time I wore it I began to receive RAVE reviews from friends, family, fellow students, and strangers. I bought the only blond that's available, same result. When I found out about the TSV WIGS, I decided to get a look at them, and wound up buying two of the textured wigs, silver and the lightest blonde, and the page, in blonde.
Honored Contributor

CONTINUING- I watched all of the videos on the Q for the styles I liked. Christine (HairUWear) SPECIFICALLY stated that these wigs STRETCH and need to be stretched in order to be comfortable. I believe she also showed stretching one before putting it on. I followed her directions, and all of my new wigs fit my slightly larger than normal head JUST FINE. I have not yet worn any of my FIVE new wigs and not received compliments, and I'll tell you, the NEW smile on my face probably helps a lot too. I LOVE every single one of the five! They are comfortable, obviously look great on me, and, as another reviewer has stated, mine are life changers for me. I will tell you right up front that the color representation for the lightest blond in the textured wig doesn't strike me as being perfectly accurate- it looks more like heavily highlighted light brown hair than overall blonde. But I DON'T CARE!!!!! I love it.
Honored Contributor

CONCLUSION- if you are SO PICKY that you refuse to "tweak" in order to achieve your concept of perfection, you may choose to pass on the wigs. You will certainly want to read the reviews, but you can probably discard the ones in which the typical smear comments are made. If you are interested in trying them, give them a shot. The only single thing I'd love more than the wigs I'm already wearing would be the "Classic Page" style in silver/gray/white. Otherwise, I just couldn't be more pleased. And just one more thing- I wore mine into a local wig shop, where the owner told me that the quality of the wig hair was "amazing" and that she'd have to charge twice the Q price for them if she sold them. NO COMPLAINTS!!!!!'
Super Contributor

Got my angular cut style wig yesterday and I' m terribly disappointed. Way too much hair and it just falls totally over my face. Worked and worked with it and couldn't get it right. Sending it back. Can't abide that much work every time I wear it. If I was that good at doing hair, I wouldn't need a wig.

Super Contributor

I sent my page cut back. I really didn't like all the little dark hairs sticking straight up at the crown. Can't imagine that it's supposed to be this way. However, the angled cut arrived the following day (light blonde) and I think I like it. No little hairs sticking straight up on the crown and it's very easy to wear. Loved that I could easily style it using my fingers! I don't plan to go anywhere today so I might just wear it around the house to help me make a decision. It kind of reminds me of Shawn's cut.

Respected Contributor

I am waiting for my angled cut wig today. I did notice the hair draped down on several of the models but on the silver gray it wasn't over her eye. Made me wonder if it was trimmed.

Honored Contributor

I love fake hair but didn't buy the TSV. I just ordered a short bob in a color almost the same as my real hair from TWC (The Wig Company - http://thewigcompany.com/?mkwid=ssUB8lMnB_dc|pcrid|58363250550|pkw|the%20wig%20company|pmt|e&SID=GBR... and I'm very happy with it. Check it out, they offer all kinds of styles at all kinds of price points..... just another option. Smile

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*