Respected Contributor

Got my PTR glycolic cleanser...WOW!

Just wanted to let all of you know who responded to my question about glycolic and deep pore cleansing, about my results.   Honestly, this is the first time I can ever say my pores, and over all complexion looked well improved after one wash.  I applied the PTR 3 % glycolic cleanser all over, worked it well, and took my time so it would dissolve any impurities.  I either use a washcloth, or the clarisonic.  I have normal skin sensitive, some large pores,middle-age.  I recently experienced a few break-outs since trying a new skin care line, and noticed my pores looked clogged.   I always wash very thoroughly, but this got out of control.  Also, I want to say, I have used PTR cleanser (orange colored one), and didn't think it was so great...but this 3% Glycolic cleanser really amazed me.   Also some found this to be very drying, so I was worried about that, especially at my age but it was NOT drying at all.   Just felt normal, and clean.  Main thing...my pores looked imediately smaller, and clear.       That's something I never say, or actually believed.

I have the peel pads too, which I've used in the past.  Also really does do what PTR says.   Anyway, I'll take slow, maybe alternate days, so I don't send my skin into over-drive.   Anyone else here use this cleanser?    It's clear color (not the acne one). 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Got my PTR glycolic cleanser...WOW!

So glad to hear you had real results from your new cleanser.  

In the middle of an overhaul of my "beauty routine" I canceled all AD's took serious inventory of the products I was using .  I was spending so much money and still didn't like what I saw.  I decided to simplify while amping up the pay-off.  I watched Skinn, SCC, SCA, Isomers, visited Clarins, Clinique, Estee..., Scoured Amazon listings by category even watched home made videos starring no name somebodies.....  I almost gave up, deciding to fall back on the old standard Olay and Alpha Hydrox.  Raves about  Peter Thomas Roth skin care kept reappearing , held up against various products as more highly ranked for various reasons.   

Peter Thomas Roth skincare anked 4 out of 4 stars ( Beautypedia and others ) include:

Pore Putty

Neurolipid Youth Serum

Gentle Foaming Cleanser

Retinol Fusion PM

Glycolic 10% Moisturizer

Ranked highest in my lineup, in addition to the above are: Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer, Viz1000 75% Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum and DeSpot Skin Brightening Corrector.  

In bold are the products I have tried , personally, for more than a few weeks and absolutely love.  This, with a couple of additions like IT ByeBye Pores to take away all oiliness, stickiness, shine, and Prototype 37-C 99% peptide serum and Philosophy Turboboost C powder, constitute a new, relatively complete regimen that I love and feel confident in using because these were purchased by an informed consumer, not a 'duped by hype' impulse buyer.  

Peter Thomas Roth's line is celebrated for his streamlining of ingredients , avoidance of irritants and high potency /effectiveness.  QVC offers many more PTR items and usually has collections at great bargain prices so no one has to search about for a reliable source. I hope they'll have even more special value items. eg:  I'm using the Retinol Fusion PM I have until the Q offers his new retinol serum ($80/oz. Paula's is $100/oz) at a better price.

I am not writing to brag about the great thing I've done but to share my newly found favorites with anyone presently disappointed in their mismatched, hodgepodge collection of overpriced, ineffective skin care products as I was.  Hope to have helped somebody even a bit. 

Again, congratulations on your success ! Been there, Love that !

Respected Contributor

I've been using  this wash twice daily for about a year and I mix it with a little  Clean and Clear exfoliant wash, My skin is clear and baby soft, no more breakouts at 65 yrs old.  I also use PTR  gentle complexion correction pads (1/2 pad ) daily (makes them last longer) and I use the 10% glycolic acid moisturizer. I've been told I could pass for forty something. (not sure about that ) but I won't argue about it.  Once a week I use a PTR peel. Love his products !  Hope it works well for you

Trusted Contributor

PTR and team have made many great products. I use the Unwrinkle Pads.. a very good deal on Q. And they never dry out.

There's such a good amount of liquid in the jar near the end I use a cotton ball to use up the rest!. My skin is gently exfoliated with a few different types of active exfoliants.

I really like rinsing the product off too, it's not active exfoliant overkill for my skin.

Dr. Denese's pads are so awful and sticky I have no idea how they sell?! I broke out with a burning reaction with those (yuk).

I used to use PTR's 10% moisturizer as the other woman poster in her 60's uses Smiley Wink people always told me about how nice my skin was in my late 40's and I was using this -  that was before I was into shimmer/glow products in my m/u. So it does what it says.

I stopped using when I became a skincare fanatic and now use another line but now will pick some up and incorporate this alternating with my usual moisturizer. I'm glad I read this so now I can buy the moisturizer!!!!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Valued Contributor

Great to read these reviews!  Iam interesred in trying the PTR Camu Vitamin C products...also free S&H...can anyone review?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll be on the look out for more products from PTR.

I have used some in the past and I wasn't AS thrilled with like this cleanser, but nothing to complain about either.   I'm looking foward to trying the new stronger retinol, and maybe the Hyaluronic mentioned here.  I would love a deep pore mask from him, but not seeing anything like that.  I don't think I would use the Irish black mud.    I do have the pumkin peel, which is great, but it's not a cleansing mask.   Maybe I don't even need  a mask now that the cleanser and pads are doing a nice job.     I use the peel pads, as I mentioned...really good too!

I see many of you use  the glycolic moisturizer...I've never considered glycolic in a moisturizer...hmmm??

Anyway, I'm hoping qvc offers some nice kits, special prices.   I got a couple of things from Amazon, only because pricing was better, but I'm always concerned about freshness.   I wrote in to them, and some vendors replied and said they get fresh shipments every two weeks.   So far, I'm happy...but rather qvc make some nice kits.

Keep me posted if they offer the new retinol.    Sephora has it....full price.

Thank-you for the replies!!

Respected Contributor

@barb40 wrote:

Great to read these reviews!  Iam interesred in trying the PTR Camu Vitamin C products...also free S&H...can anyone review?  Thanks!

I tried a sample of camu tinted foundation (maybe it's called CC cream).  Think it has an spf.   I'm very fair, more porcelain, and would've liked it not to be so yellow.   I also tried some serum.  It felt ok, but I didn't notice anything brightening.  I wrote into PTR asking for a ball park percentage of C in these products...they simply responded by saying, "We don't give out percentages".