Honored Contributor

Re: Got a messege today about Walmarts new skincare line.

Years ago when I'd given up purity made simple and started hunting for a new facial cleanser, I tried the Olay products.  They performed well but were so heavily perfumed that I just had to stop using them.

I found Olay dupes made by Equate -- a Walmart brand.  The products were made in Israel and the fragrance was light and a little like apricots.  Performed as well if not better than the Olay products at a fraction of the cost.

I'd be curious about the fragrance and performance on these new products.  I would like to see an ingredient list.

But some of the items are awfully tempting.  There's a citrus day cream.  Just wondering how that would compare to my Lumene Glow Reveal -- which is getting harder and harder to find these days....

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I am almost out of my moisturizer. I may try something in this line if I don’t have anything in backup that I may of forgotten about or can use. It looks promising and the fact it is cruelty free is a winner. 

Next time i me I am in Walmart I will look for it but won’t make myself crazy trying to find it if it is not readily available. 

Thanks for sharing. I am tired of lotions and potions being so expensive and this may do the trick if the products are good. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are other ingredients that can cause problems for me besides parabens, petrolatum, mineral oil, sulfates, and glutens

“Clean”as Walmart, and many others define it, does not necessarily mean healthy for everyone.  Until I see a full ingredient list, Walmart’s sweeping claims mean absolutely nothing to me.

In my opinion, words and reality are usually two completely different things.

ETA: Have all these ingredients been documented as bad or unhealthy for the skin?

Valued Contributor

I wnt in person to Walmart in Florida today and there is a big display with ALL kits available as well as single items. If anyone lives in the Trinity, New Port Richey area, the Walmart on 54 has it all

Honored Contributor

Denatured alcohol and irritating fragrances like Limonene are often present in Clean products. Because they are considered natural and alcohol helps preserve the forumla. Those are much worse for your skin than mineral oil or parabens etc would be. There are also probably "natural" colorants in the line like iron oxides, since they appear to be brightly colored. (Oxides aren't really bad for you, but a strongly fragranced and colored product doesn't seem particularly clean to me.)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Everyone’s jumping on this “clean” bandwagon. While searching around for the Walmart ingredients, I discovered that Amazon recently launched its own brand of “clean” skincare. 

Respected Contributor

I am going to a newer and bigger walmart today and will check this stuff out if they have it.  I need a new cleanser and will see what is in the stuff and post a review if I buy it.  

I purchased the watermelon serum online as part of a larger order. There is not a detailed ingredient list on the bottle or the box. On principle I decided to return and Walmart told me to keep, discard or donate. Once I see my card I credited, I guess I will try it. I don't know how they get away with no true list of ingredients.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nosilla wrote:

I purchased the watermelon serum online as part of a larger order. There is not a detailed ingredient list on the bottle or the box. On principle I decided to return and Walmart told me to keep, discard or donate. Once I see my card I credited, I guess I will try it. I don't know how they get away with no true list of ingredients.

That's not legal. They have to list the ingredients somewhere.

The primary reason is so that people with allergies can avoid trigger ingredients.

Even making the ingredients difficult to read or find is extremely sketchy and goes against FDA regulations. ...I edited this to remove speculation. I still consider it very important that everyone can easily find and read the ingredients, and clearly some here have had difficulty.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I checked the Walmart website again and now the ingredients lists are on there!

The honey cream looks like a pretty nice moisturizer, actually. Granted there's not much honey in it, but the major ingredients could be quite nice for the skin.

Water ((Aqua) Eau), Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Octyldodecanol, , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Niacinamide, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, C12-16 Alcohols, Pentylene Glycol, Honey Extract, Palmitic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Jojoba Esters, Fragrance(Parfum), Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cellulose Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl     Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Caramel, Butylene Glycol, Adenosine, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Tocopherol, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate

Many of these ingredients are not what anyone would reasonably consider "natural" but some of them are.