Honored Contributor

Re: Got Replica Coffee Break Today

The Beauty forum used to be an open communal discussion.

It seems to have become very solitary.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

In case this was meant for me, I don't consider taking something someone said or totally getting wrong when there was no doubt what the poster was referring to as open communal discussion.  It was more than obvious, due to my clear original post that either some didn't read, comprehend or purposely wanted to start discord.  Sad as it is, there are some here that look for a chance to pounce.  They did and this time I pounced back.  I said NOTHING about drinking coffee.  So the replies alluding to that were totally off in left field....uncalled for and made no sense what so ever.  Open discussion is fine but it needs to make sense to the rest of the conversation AND stay within the guidelines of "netiquette", which is simply having good manner (or etiquette) on the net...netiquette.  Manners escape some here.

Honored Contributor

Sorry the scent did work out for you @monicakm .  Will you be cotinuing your search for the perfect coffee scent?

I'm not familiar with the Replica brand, but I see there are many different scents available.  Ebay has a lot of different scents.  I may have to order some samples.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Jacie and I have both gotten compliments on By the Fireside.  Straight up smells like a campfire roasted marshmallow Smiley Happy  Coffee Break is a pleasant scent, just doesn't smell like sweet creamy coffee (like the description says).

I didn't think about checking eBay.  Think I'll do that now.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm I get compliments on both! They seem to work well with my chemistry!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

I have a travel spray of this. It opens very briefly and softly of coffee. In a good few minutes I get lavender in a creamy, cozy scent delivers. It’s nice and if you like Mon Guerlain or YSL it is in a similar vein
Honored Contributor

@Jacie 

Coffee Break smelled nice but not what it claims to smell like.   I have By the Fireplace on right now Smiley Happy  I have some Sephora boxes to return.  I have to take them to Dollar General vs just putting them in my mailbox Smiley Surprised  I hate going in there Smiley Sad  But, I think I'll pick up a bag of marshmallows to roast in the fireplace tonight Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I looked a little last night.  There are plenty but nothing mainstream or from mainstream online stores.  I wonder if Demeter has one,  Didn't think about last night.  And they do...unless the Google hits are all old.  I'll look into it later today.  Demeter are usually one note fragrances tho iirc and I'm not looking to smell like a freshly brewed cup of coffee lol

Respected Contributor

I found your post very easy to understand even though I do not own any of the Replica fragrances (yetWoman Wink).  After reading your descriptions of Coffee Break and By The Fireplace I must go to Sephora in my Kohl's to smell them right away!  It is on my 2 do list for either tomorrow or Thursday.

I wanted to mention that Bath & Body Works has a awesome candle called Paris Cafe....super strong coffee scent.  I haven't burned mine yet but I like the idea of my kitchen smelling like coffee in the evening when I can't drink coffee any longer as it would keep me up at night.  

Have a good night all!

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite 

Thank you Smiley Happy

I'll look for the coffee candle, thanks!  I have warmed Scentsy wax melts for decades.

One of my first purchases was a scent called Coffee Tree.  Sometimes I would turn on another warmer with cinnamon in it.  They say scents evoke memories and this coffee scent did!  It was straight up coffee...but it was.  There was a particular coffee that the flight attendants served on Braniff airlines in the 60s and 70s.  I was just a babe back in those days but I can still remember the scent of that coffee and the scent of  the thick, snow white hot wash cloths the flight attendants would hand out using tongs.  Anyone else remember?  That is what the Scentsy Coffee Tree bars smell like (the airline's coffee, not washcloths).  If I had to describe it, I'd say it was a sweet coffee with a slight almond scent.  Heavenly!  I should look for an almond creamer for my cold brew.

Coffee Tree Scentsy Bar | COFFEE TREE SCENTSY BAR