Regular Contributor

I guess that's the trouble with EDTs they are too much filled with extras like alcohol and water. I have seen the edp and the actual perfume here and there and I will try those eventually. My guess is that they have listened to those of you who have been saddened by the current version because I saw on their website that they have some new stuff called My Philosophy and they are all edps. I want to give those a try!. July 9th will be a day I am curious about to see what they bring that is new. 

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
New Contributor

I have noticed that AMazing Grace wears off very quickly, and the lotion doesn't even smell like AG. I still soooo miss Inner Grace. I don't like the newer fragrances and I cannot find anything that smells like Inner Grace or the "old" Amazing Grace. It looks like Baby Grace is now MIA--so I guess they discontuned that with no notice, also. I saw my AG auto delivery says "complete". Interesting because they still make it. I had an order since 2009. No notice, no explanation--just says "complete". They did this with a couple other items --basically their way of trying to get me to pay more for seems to be an inferior porduct.

Trusted Contributor

If you are receiving hordes of compliments on your fragrance it may be because the scent you are giving off garners more attention than it used to.  This "what is that smell" is very different from the "ummm you smell good " when you're close, different from the "come hither" fragrance they advertise.  I can smell AG a mile off.  It smells like a dirty clothes hamper, musty, sweaty, with a cloying sweet cheap perfume base note.  It hasn't always smelled like that.  The sad thing is that those wearing it can't smell what others smell.  They're convinced they smell good.  Sort of like spandex- those who shouldn't do and you can't, better not, dare tell them about it.  

Trusted Contributor

Fresh cream smells EXACTLY like Adrienne Arpel's vanilla melt down. This product predates Philosophy Fresh Cream by decades.  I stopped using the melt down when bath and body shops popped up in every mall and the teenagers were spraying it over unwashed bodies.  

What you smell and what your neighbors smell are often very different odors.  Clean and fresh is what you bought into.  Are you sure that's what you've acheived ? Anyone who cares about you will avoid the subject or reword their responses to spare your feelings.

I use the spritzes from the super sized Cream and Lemon Custard for room deodorizers.   After all,  I fell for the sell, good to recoup some of the money spent if only in this unorthodox manner. 

Regular Contributor

I have my favorite fragrances and they are NOT Philosophy.  I've never been tempted to purchase them.  My absolute favorite is the whipped body cream.  I do NOT like the soufflé.   I tried to describe the difference to a sales person, saying that the soufflé is shiny, slick.  The body cream is more matte.  I just adore it.

Respected Contributor

I don't use as much philosophy skin care as I used to but I still like Amazing Grace body emulsion. It has great mosturizing properties that make my skin feel wonderful. I also like the scent of AG lotion as a 'base' for the other fragrances I like to play with.  I often use Bobbi Brown's 'Beach' on top of the AG in the summer as well as Clean Perfume's 'Rain' all year round. I love creating my own scent that matches my mood.

Respected Contributor

OP, you may want to try Korres. I recently discovered their products due to several recs from the forum.  

Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know why Philosophy has stopped making the shower gels in the delicious scents like chocolate or hazelnut?  The scents now seem to be more fruity than anything else. I know there is a pumpkin for the season but I miss all the chocolate ones they used to have.

Honored Contributor

I had used AG, IG and recently got hooked on everything Fresh Cream. The fragraces DO NOT seem to last and the shower gels dry out my skin. I decided to stop using/re-ordering & move on to "BIG GIRL PERFUME" like Chanel #5 and some others. Natural is ok w/ makeup, but if I pay for a fragrance, it should last longer than from the shower to putting on my underwear!!

Honored Contributor

I never was a Philosophy scent fan, but I have used their facial cleanser and exfoliating wash for years and will continue.