Frequent Contributor
I've never bought BB lipstick so i dont know if its good, but I was just looking at the newer Estée Lauder lipstick that gets really good reviews and it's $30. At the start of the summer I bought a Dior lipstick that was $34 and I really hesitated because of the price, but it has turned out to be one of the best lipsticks I've ever had. So at $26, the BB seems to be in line with most dept store lipsticks.
Super Contributor

All Bobbi Brown prices went up just a few months ago by $2 per product on average - so this is the 2nd increase in 6 months.

Super Contributor

I have to agree that I'm probably done with the line as well. Not only are the prices high but I just don't have much luck with it as far as shades. Her shadow palettes seem poorly pigmented and contain too many glittery shades. For the price of her palettes I want to be able to use all of the shades. This summer I purchased a blush in the Surf & Sand collection and regret paying $45 for it.

I just don't feel her quality, or lack of it at times is worth the high cost.

Respected Contributor
I still love her lipsticks because they stay on and the colors are great. I will still buy them. I did give up on the eyeshadows. They aren't as good as they used to be.
Esteemed Contributor

I much prefer Avon lippies to BB.

Trusted Contributor

Bobbi Brown is just a ""brand"" name. She no longer owns the company and hasn't since 1995. Estee Lauder bought it!!!!!! She probably has a deal with them to continue to be the ""face"" of the cosmetic line but Lauder is making all the decisions and creating the products!!!

Super Contributor

I will continue to buy Bobbi Brown too - even though I do think it is expensive - it is still in line with most other brands. But it is not the only thing I wear and I agree with the comments about the eyeshadows not being pigmented enough.

Trusted Contributor

YUP-I'm out too!

Respected Contributor
On 8/3/2014 sun8shine said:

I will continue to buy Bobbi Brown too - even though I do think it is expensive - it is still in line with most other brands. But it is not the only thing I wear and I agree with the comments about the eyeshadows not being pigmented enough.

I've never used much BB. If you want a pigmented e/s take a look at Nars. Long lasting and go on like velvet, too. However, not inexpensive but they last forever.
Esteemed Contributor
Found a shade of lipstick by Rimmel and ordered a dozen online. The. Olof and the price were right. Each tube was under $7. Whatever ingredients are or are not in her lipstick at $2X.00 do not justify that price. Of course, everyone can spend their hard earned money however they want. My " saved " dollars can better be spent on other things, including charity.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill