Valued Contributor

I like a lot of her products and use them, but I use others too. I like the Armani mascaras and some of their lipsticks. I also use IT Cosmetics, Hourglass and Tarte as well.

Valued Contributor
I love Bobbi's lipsticks and can usually find Brown and Tulle at the Estée Lauder store. When I see them there I buy multiples. If I need it and can't get to the EL store, I will pay full price.
Trusted Contributor

Unreal! she is getting to think she's like Sisley at Neiman Marcus I guess, too high! But I have soo many lippies her lippies and many more and they are still fresh, I switch it up and I never ever run out, I use the new Art stick (big crayon0 daily and have yet to sharpen it. Love dusty rose! other colors are not natural looking..why on earth do they do that? ugh but do enjoy that new BB item. sad she has done this...her clients will drop off as we find out other products are better or the same!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

There are so many lines out there that I am not totally loyal to any one product. I am sure that she will still survive in this competitive market. Her loyal followers my stick with her. Personally, Maybelline lipsticks work great for me for under $10.

Esteemed Contributor

The thing is brands being mentioned here as alternatives such as Estee Lauder, Nars, Laura Mercier have on average the same price point as Bobbi Brown does. If you want to wear the higher end of prestige brand makeup it's going to cost $25+ for lipstick and $40+ for foundation. If that's not what you want to spend it is encouraging to see some of the drugstore brands trying to up their game with selections and formulas. However, I'd rather pay $25 for a lipstick I can try on before buying as opposed to spending $12 and it turns out to be not quite what I expected in color and/or texture.

Honored Contributor
On 8/4/2014 Trix said:

The thing is brands being mentioned here as alternatives such as Estee Lauder, Nars, Laura Mercier have on average the same price point as Bobbi Brown does. If you want to wear the higher end of prestige brand makeup it's going to cost $25+ for lipstick and $40+ for foundation. If that's not what you want to spend it is encouraging to see some of the drugstore brands trying to up their game with selections and formulas. However, I'd rather pay $25 for a lipstick I can try on before buying as opposed to spending $12 and it turns out to be not quite what I expected in color and/or texture.

Trix, You are exactly right. I just have a hard time paying $26 plus tax. Now I will pay $23 but not $26. When I was in my mid 20's, I wore only Chanel lipstick but those days are gone but Chanel did have beautiful lipstick. I wore a red/orange shade and then it was discontinued. I have treated myself to a higher priced foundation but I can't keep buying it. I was on Nordstrom website yesterday and the prices on some items by Laura Mercier has gone up. Some are $1 more & some are $2 more.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor
BB is the only lipstick where I actually used up the tube. I will definitely still buy her lipsticks. I love the texture and staying power as well as the color.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Super Contributor
On 8/3/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

OP, I had no idea who you were referring to until I finally found her name mentioned in one of the replies .... not everyone is psychic. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

As for the BB cosmetics line, I've always thought her makeup was overpriced, and her foundations are much too yellow. Obviously she thinks people will pay anything for her makeup. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Yes. You hit the nail on the head. All her foundations are yellow based. I cannot believe that with her expertise she said everyone has yellow in their skin. Not true at all. I am fair/medium with pink undertones.

Super Contributor

Laura Mercier $23-27, Nars $26, Stilla $22-23, Marc Jacobs $28-30. Estee Lauder $25-30, YSL- $34-25, Dior $32-35. She is inline with other comparable brands.

Respected Contributor

I'm using Bobbi Brown's new foundation stick in Porcelain, and am very very fair with pink undertones and this stuff looks fantastic on me! I can put it mostly where needed, blend it out, lasts all day, doesn't settle in fine lines, really great for a fair skinned person.

The older version was good, but this is better and it melts right in instantly, so easy to apply, and the color is perfect for me. I used to wear Px in Camellia, color matched to me, and this is much the same color-wise.