Honored Contributor

Since getting older my inner eye skin has become very dark.  I like to lighten it up to make my eyes look wider and not have the "tired" look.  I kept trying cover ups but I was not satisfied with the results.

Hence, I remembered years ago I used Maybelline white eye shadow in that area and it worked.  I went to Walmart and good old Maybelline had the white.  Its hard to find with no shimmer and totally white.

Just wanted to help someone else if they have the same problem.  It works better for me than undereye cover.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

When you say your "inner eye skin", where do you mean exactly -- is that the area on the inner corners of the eyes kind of along side the nose?  

Can you post the Maybelline name and # of that white shadow?  I think maybe I might benefit from that! 

Thank you!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 ......yes the area between the eye and along side the nose.  That area on me has gotten very dark.  I use the small applicator that comes with the shadow and its just the right size for that area.

I got the Mabelline white shadow called Vanilla (100S) at Walmart.

I also used to use it under my lower eyelid and to hide the dark circles under my eyes.  This was when all was not so bad.  I havent tried it yet in these areas at present.

I hope it works for you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

I have a few of those Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadows and I think they are terrific. They have nice pigmentation and go on nicely. I use mine wet and apply them as an eyeliner (tight line) on my upper lash line. Stays on all day!

Contributor
Hello. I have started to suffer from the same thing. I think what you may need is a color corrector for that area. They are usually pink, dark peach, etc. depending on your skin tone. A color corrector is applied under your concealer. I remember the white concealer. It always reminded me of what the older ‘cool’ girls wore on their lips when I was in grade school. Good luck!🍀
Honored Contributor

I use a lighter (off white to light beige depending on the rest of my shadow) on the inner corner.  The other day I did an off white at the inner corner, up the inside and below the arch.  Used a fawn color for the rest of the look.  

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

Thank you!  I'm going to look for that!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin