Respected Contributor

Re: Good mascara for over 60 women ...

Diorshow in the regular version rinses right offf with water so get the waterproof if you are emotional!

i don't care for DiorShow as much as i used to as it dries out in the tube very quickly.

i loved the formula back when the tubes were dark blue. i loved the violet blue mascara it was amazing!

i use Trish's mascara now

Esteemed Contributor

I like Blinc tube mascara. It doesn't give spider lashes but it still covers and accentuates enough for me, as I prefer a more natural look, and the tubes come right off in the shower. Absolutely no fuss, no muss. Love it.
Honored Contributor

I am in my 60's and my lashes are a mess.  They are thin, pale and grow in all directions! For one thing, it is necessary to use an eyelash curler to get any semblance of order at all.  

Physician's Formula has a mascara that has a 2 parter.  I am sorry that I do not know the exact name of it but it makes like little extensions so it looks like you have longer lashes and then you apply the mascara over it.  This might work for you.

Many of the drugstore regulars have mascaras that have products on one end that kind of prime and thicken and then the mascara on the other.

Personally, all this is too much trouble for me.  I just use my eyelash curler and then I use either Almay in the fat white tube which really coats well in one coat or Cover Girl Lash Blast.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I am not 60 yet, but getting close-however I really like the following mascaras, mostly because they give good lenghtening and volume and do not flake, and are not hard to remove...

1. Dio Iconic Overcurl

2. Bobbi Brown Smoky Lash

3. Too Faced Better Than S** Mascara

If you want more drama, any of the Lancome Mascaras will give that as well-they make great mascaras, but they are a little wet for me.....

Honored Contributor

I'm 65 and have thin sparse lashes and have tried just about every thing the Q has to offer and had no real success until I tried Peter Thomas RothLashes To Die For. It's a sleeper product that gets no air time and doesn't cost much. This procuct makes my old lashes look long, thick and soft and removes easily.

Respected Contributor

Mally makes the most out of my lashes.  If you don't want the longer lush lashes, just use one coat.  I recently had to sleep with my makeup applied and I was amazed how well my lashes did.  Perfect.  Not one smudge or lash out of place. 

Honored Contributor

@BeckiWV wrote:
I like Blinc tube mascara. It doesn't give spider lashes but it still covers and accentuates enough for me, as I prefer a more natural look, and the tubes come right off in the shower. Absolutely no fuss, no muss. Love it.

This is my favorite too. Have used it for years.

No tugging around the delicate skin to rub mascara off.

There are several colors to choose.

Valued Contributor

I am convinced that rosehip seed oil has really helped my eyelashes, as well as the fine lines/growsfeet around my eyes.  I will never be without it.  You might want to check it out.

Respected Contributor

I too, always have Blinc on hand! It has been a staple for me for years! My 2nd favorite is the IT Cosmetics Waterproof Tightline Mascara. I really like that it does double-duty and makes my lashed really long.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Sunshine Kate

I have used both Diorshow Mascara's the regular and waterproof version.  Lately I  have been buying Catwalk Brown in the Waterproof version for the next Sephora sale. Brown goes better with my coloring.  Both the waterproof and regular are in black tubes with silver decorating on Dior's fat wand.  Dior gives you a lot of mascara.

On another front about 6 years ago I had to have 8 rounds of chemotherapy, my eyelashes thinned out.  In order to boost them I started using Latisse.   Latisse really does work on thinning lashes.  Some people people prefer Rapidlash.  I like Latisse. So besides a fabulous mascara like Diorshow you can further lengthen, strengthen your lashes.